Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brb, changing my pants...

Comment

I'm pretty much anxious to know who won.... since yesterday I've been unable to calm down since I've submitted to the competition.... I wish luck to all and to myself!

Comment

The OS X situation is understandable.. Apple really should make it easier to cross-compile from linux.

Last time I looked, one couldn't compile against all the apis, create a bundle, nor create an icon in the proprietary format from linux.
        Compare this to a current mingw toolchain, where every single bit of Windows is usable and available, up to multiple icons and whatever text one can place in the exe properties.

Comment

very good, I hate windows... iam glad i dont have to use it anymore to play a modern game

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            The OS X situation is understandable.. Apple really should make it easier to cross-compile from linux.
            Now, why would they want to do anything like that...they want to sell more OSX seats, along with the machines that go with them. Doing cross-compile on Linux defeats that purpose...

Last time I looked, one couldn't compile against all the apis, create a bundle, nor create an icon in the proprietary format from linux.
            Compare this to a current mingw toolchain, where every single bit of Windows is usable and available, up to multiple icons and whatever text one can place in the exe properties.
            Useful tidbit of info. I was going to check into trying that stuff since I'm working on some stuff that might need to be able to do that for me. Now it just means I'll need to find a way to run OSX...annoying.

Comment

ok, on the unigine website it says that the three companies are:

and except for gamepulp there are no informations about the games which will be released by those companies...and I don't want no fuckin puzzle game... (except it's something like World of Goo)

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
                ok, on the unigine website it says that the three companies are:

and except for gamepulp there are no informations about the games which will be released by those companies...and I don't want no fuckin puzzle game... (except it's something like World of Goo)
                I'm thinking that Kot-in-Action will probably do something like Steel Storm for their project (They're doing pretty good with that one and the Dark Places engine.) I didn't know they were based in Texas...heh...lots of game studios in Austin and Dallas-FortWorth.

And Med-Art...well...they did Painkiller:Resurrection for Dreamcatcher and they're working on another shooter...probably moving to this engine instead or starting a similar project with it.

Comment

Working...
                X