Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Humble Indie Bundle Is Coming

Phoronix: Another Humble Indie Bundle Is Coming

Earlier this year there was the "Humble Indie Bundle" where anyone could purchase a set of four Indie computer games (that are Linux compatible) for any price they wanted. The games included World of Goo, Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru, and Penumbra Overture. This ended up being such a success with the game developers that they ended up open-sourcing the games after raising quite a bit of money off this bundled deal. Now it appears the developers are working on a second Humble Indie Bundle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Another Humble Indie Bundle Is Coming

Earlier this year there was the "Humble Indie Bundle" where anyone could purchase a set of four Indie computer games (that are Linux compatible) for any price they wanted. The games included World of Goo, Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru, and Penumbra Overture. This ended up being such a success with the game developers that they ended up open-sourcing the games after raising quite a bit of money off this bundled deal. Now it appears the developers are working on a second Humble Indie Bundle...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODg5MQ
    Thanks for this news. I'll be looking forward to the new bundle coming out, and I've just activated my previous bundle on Steam. It will be nice to not have to keep a copy of the installers around on my hard drive (I probably will anyway, but now it's not an absolute requirement). And hopefully this means that my save games will now properly sync between computers.

For those who want to do the steam activation, you have to log into the URL that you got when you purchased the bundle, and that page will have a Steam product activation code (i.e. cd key). Enter that into the Steam GUI, and the games will be added to your library just like any other games you've bought.

Now I just get to try to figure out how to get my old World of Goo save game imported into Steam.

Comment

Damn, I need more money this xmas. So many things to buy/support...
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

I bought the first one but the only one that's a .deb is world of goo. If Steam comes to Ubuntu I might buy another one, but otherwise I want it in the Ubuntu Software Center or at the very least, .deb packages for every piece of software in the bundle.

I haven't played most of the games that I bought, I refuse to run anything that's not installed from a .deb. I'm not sure if I want to buy more stuff that I won't get to play.

I bought some other bundle or something too, maybe it was just Machinarium, I don't know, but I own a ton of "linux" games when what I really want is Ubuntu games :P

Comment

Why do you "refuse" to run anything that is not a deb?

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
            Why do you "refuse" to run anything that is not a deb?
            I'm an alpha addict, I reinstall my OS very frequently. I expect to be able to configure everything the way I like it with one "sudo apt-get install bla bla bla bla bla bla" and maybe a dpkg command on a directory.

Besides that, if someone can't make a .deb, I don't trust whatever script they do write. Invariably they don't handle dependencies, they don't handle menu entries correctly, all kinds of unpolished crap like that which I won't put up with.

Comment

Also, I DO NOT update software manually, but I want all my software up to date, and I want to know it's up to date, pretty much all the time. Apt needs to be able to handle updating of my games.

Comment

@Michael

s/four/five/

Comment

@ethana2

You do realize debs aren't alike, for all that polish they would have to specifically target Ubuntu, possibly even the exact same version?

Comment

i would like to see the bundle in the ubuntu software center too. But am not sure they will be able to set it up on time. Might probably happen in the next bundle.

I just hope they got new games for us.

Comment

Working...
                    X