Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doctoren
    replied
    It's a free licensen for a Linux dedicated team. Check their site.

Leave a comment:

• christian_frank
    replied
    Wild guessing..

Maybe they announce that their digital distribution partner for oilrush is Steam ???????

Leave a comment:

• pvtcupcakes
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Fortunately, for those very curious, I just found out the official announcement should come down within a few hours... Much sooner than I expected
    Ugh, I'm not going to be home in a few hours. Have to go see the family and all.

Leave a comment:

• mum1989
    replied
    one of this game probably so :
    Real-time 3D engine / VR platform for Simulation & Training, 3D Digital Twins, CAD, BIM, GIS. 3D graphics and physics library for ะก++ and C# developers.

Leave a comment:

• Naib
    replied
    Originally posted by dcc24 View Post
    Seconded. Though they already have cheaper licenses for small stuff, so I'm guessing something along the lines of "If you promise to release the game on Linux as well, you'll get the SDK for X % less!".
    and why wouldn't they be using the Q3 engine right now?
    If it is todo with the Unigine the only ones interested would be those wanting todo 3D games yes?

Well we have had the UT2k4 engine that is cross platform, how many games come out of that (commercial)
    Q3 engine (its even gpl'ed) and how many games have come out of that (commercial)
    Doom3 engine how many?

Its not like there isn't already 3D engines that are cross platform or engines that are free, how has any of these spured linux game development and why would something from unigine change that

if people wanted to code for linux they would have by now, every now and again some indi does some game but there hasn't been any significant increase in games for linux let alone top quality sellers (most recent is HoN and what else?)

How is this going to be any different? Sure some deal for linux dev is great! it may spur it on BUT nothing says it isn't so I fail to see how this is great news for gamers (if it really is a licensing for indi)

Leave a comment:

• dopehouse
    replied
    Maybe Primal Carnage is changing back to Unigine. But maybe they have some nice little game for us, that is also some kind of showcase for their engine. And maybe they give it away for FREE

Leave a comment:

• dcc24
    replied
    Originally posted by jntesteves View Post
    I'll start guessing it's an ease and inexpensive indie licensing terms.
    Seconded. Though they already have cheaper licenses for small stuff, so I'm guessing something along the lines of "If you promise to release the game on Linux as well, you'll get the SDK for X % less!".

Leave a comment:

• jntesteves
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    It's not LGP related...

Well, at least since I now know they should be announcing it today (or I guess tomorrow if they are late), I will say right now it is regarding Unigine. And it is not at all about OilRush but rather something that is designed to spur Linux game development.
    Now, let's start the guessing & betting all over again:

What could they possibly announce "that is designed to spur Linux game development."???

I'll start guessing it's an ease and inexpensive indie licensing terms.

Leave a comment:

• jntesteves
    replied
    For those interested, idTech4 GPLed source-code should certainly come on the next QuakeCon. Id need to have "something" to announce in their annual conference.

Leave a comment:

• Naib
    replied
    So it isn't really good news for gamers this Thanksgiving (as teh title says)

More good news for those who want to develop games on linux and possible good news for linux gamers in the distant future

FailTitle is Fail

Leave a comment:

Working...
X