Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can The Unigine Engine Get Any Better? Yes, And It Has.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

true but one of the most compelete was Primal carnage but they, imo, stupidly switched to UDK... now, we only have for sure OilRush game coming to Linux. Then i hope that will be a huge success! *crossing fingers*

Comment

If any of you guys are into MMO's, there Syndicates of Arkon
      It's in open beta, and while they don't have a Linux client out, they claim it's in the plans, and it runs fairly well in wine. And yes, it's using Unigine.

Comment

Originally posted by superppl View Post
        Guy's, that's just supposed to be an example. Point I was trying to make is that although Symbian is a technically sound product, it's lack of interest in what it's user base wants contributes greatly to it's failure.

I wanted to say that Unigine being propietary is not a bad thing.
        This kinda gives me idea: What if Unigine can provide a free mod SDK, or if we can convince them to, so that people can freely create games on their engine. You know how people create entire games based of UT2004 or Half Life 2, well maybe people could remake games like tremulous on the Unigine engine.
        I think this would be beneficial: those games and Unigine get some publicity, and Unigine gets some real world testing so that it can be improved.
        you are thinking about having some sort of UDK-like with Unigine? Well that would be useful but I'm not sure if Unigine Corp has enough cash to make this to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by superppl View Post
          If any of you guys are into MMO's, there Syndicates of Arkon
          It's in open beta, and while they don't have a Linux client out, they claim it's in the plans, and it runs fairly well in wine. And yes, it's using Unigine.
          Already registred but i'm waiting for the game maker to finish the translation from Russian to English before installing their game. i've played the closed alpha or beta which was interesting.

Comment

Thanks, Setlec, that's exactly what I meant. Perhaps we could convince the crew at Unigine to pursue such a project after they release Unigine.
            If I'm not mistaken, they aware of Phoronix; so I don't think this is completely out of the question.

Except the UDK acronym has already been taken.

Comment

you welcome, well Unigine is already released so to speak but have to acquire the license first. Binstream is actually the CEO of the Unigine as far as I think and he is registred on the Forums. He might have already read some posts on this topic and probably has given some thoughts about this idea of making a UDKish project due to some of their old potential customers whom switched to UDK.

Comment

going there right now

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                  in my point of view arma2 beat unigine ...

Then you need a new point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Setlec View Post
                    you welcome, well Unigine is already released so to speak but have to acquire the license first. Binstream is actually the CEO of the Unigine as far as I think and he is registred on the Forums. He might have already read some posts on this topic and probably has given some thoughts about this idea of making a UDKish project due to some of their old potential customers whom switched to UDK.
                    Yeah, I'm reading the thread. However we don't plan to release free SDK in short-term (for about a year minimum) period of time.

Unfortunately modern game development is a rather expensive thing: you need a lot of coders, artists, game designers, management, marketing people and huge marketing budget, hardware (including devkits for consoles) and so on. Therefore a small team without a financial background has very little chances to release a game of high quality.

We do respect the open source idea (as for me I'm a Linux user for more than 10 years, making some contributions to the community over this time), but this case is a little bit different.

Comment

When will the game be ready or at least a demo level/benchmark?

Comment

Working...
                      X