Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Screenshots Of Unigine's OilRush Game

Phoronix: New Screenshots Of Unigine's OilRush Game

At the start of September we reported on Unigine's OilRush game, which will have a native Linux client and really be the first title to make its debut that's powered by this advanced OpenGL (and DirectX) engine (after Primal Carnage abandoned Unigine) that up until now has just really been seen by gamers and consumers with some amazing tech demos. The OilRush game is still expected to be released this quarter, but some new screenshots for now are available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks hot.

Comment

I'm really wondering how this game will play out though. I hope there will be a demo.........

I'm hoping this won't play out like a C&C game in tactics and logistics (base building, tiers, etc). If anything, I hope it will follow the style of Supreme Commander, at least in scale of battles.

Still excited about a real native Linux game! We haven't had one of these in a while.

Comment

Looking good!

Now I just need a machine too play it on...

Comment

Originally posted by superppl View Post
          I'm really wondering how this game will play out though. I hope there will be a demo.........

I'm hoping this won't play out like a C&C game in tactics and logistics (base building, tiers, etc). If anything, I hope it will follow the style of Supreme Commander, at least in scale of battles.

Still excited about a real native Linux game! We haven't had one of these in a while.
          I hope that too, but I also have a wish for a state of the art C&C like game for Linux.

Comment

Hot dang those screenies sure do look perrrrdy! Looks like I'll have a new toy to push my GTX460 and the "evil" nVidia blob to the max soon

Comment

If Unigine wants to compete though they'll have to change the name. "Oil Rush" isn't something that would make gamers click on a link to find out what this is. The name is closer to "Minesweeper" than "Warcraft."

Comment

Yep, the name sucks. And the theme doesn't feel much apealing either. Building and capuring oil rigs is the main purpose? That doesn't sound too exciting. And WATER fills the entire surface of the WORLD and there are battles involving boats to take control of the platforms? Where in the 1990's have I seen that before? The graphics look awesome though.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                  Yep, the name sucks. And the theme doesn't feel much apealing either. Building and capuring oil rigs is the main purpose? That doesn't sound too exciting. And WATER fills the entire surface of the WORLD and there are battles involving boats to take control of the platforms? Where in the 1990's have I seen that before? The graphics look awesome though.
                  If you don't like the name or the Theme why don't you make your own Linux game?
                  I think it looks awesome! I can't wait to buy it when it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by cliff View Post
                    If you don't like the name or the Theme why don't you make your own Linux game?
                    Did you ever hear the words "suggestion" and "feedback"? Care to explain how would making his own game would help Unigine's one cater to more people?

Comment

Working...
                    X