LGP server ( linuxgamepublishing.com ) down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LGP server ( linuxgamepublishing.com ) down

I bought X2 and LGP Security System Manager cannot check the licence key because linuxgamepublishing.com site is down.

My first day with a game from this company. Someone who already bought games can tell me if is that usual?
    The server is always working
    53.85%
    Sometimes
    15.38%
    Frecuently
    7.69%
    Hard to find the server up
    23.08%

Well it seems the cheap steam clone has got some issues

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Well it seems the cheap steam clone has got some issues
      Whow, how did you find my post so fast Just watching new posts or you had a similar problem that mine.

Also I checked the steam website, nice, but it sells windows games and I use Linux, reason why I bought it on lgp... Do you recommend another?

Comment

I wonder what happens with the games you buy if LGP goes out of business one day.

Comment

I never bought a game from lgp, i can use steam for some games i bought and then entered the serial to enable em there too. Steam must use much more servers, therefore using only 1 server without fallback is really poor. They should not use this kind of protection when the server can be serveral days down. That's definitely against Linux users, because the ones who play the Win version do not have got those issues.

Comment

i never ran into any problems with their games

Comment

Originally posted by Scot_Bernard View Post
              I bought X2 and LGP Security System Manager cannot check the licence key because linuxgamepublishing.com site is down.
              That contradicts the statement on their blog, and my personal experience. AFAIK, their DRM system needs to check the license only once per hardware, but the game would run even if the license hasn't yet been validated, as long as there's no internet access.

Try this: shut down your internet interfaces, and run the game (retarded option, but maybe it'll work?).

Originally posted by RealNC
              I wonder what happens with the games you buy if LGP goes out of business one day.
              They "promised" to release all the games for free (example).

Comment

You must be the only one who can access their blog

Comment

You could always read it through googles cache, use something like

Code:
                  cache:http://blog.linuxgamepublishing.com/2009/02/27/answering-the-lgp-drm-questions/
                  In a search query.

Anyway, my LGP games seems to start - but it takes a little while longer to start up, I guess it needs to time out before the failsafe kicks in...

Comment

Cannot start the game without server

Strange, the server still offline. In my case, the key must be validated every time I start the game because I rented it in tuxgames.com wich is also offline (maybe same server for both sites). So I rented it on Thursday, played it a few hours validating the key over the server and from yesterday to now I cannot start it because the server is down.

Here the sequence:

I run the game and after around 10 seconds I get this window:

That windows last for one second so you must press the "Access" button fast. If you do it, another window comes:

Because the application cannot connect with the server I get a "Game key invalid" and "Game Key not entered" messages, on Thursday with server online they said ok.

If I click "reverify" got this:

And if I choose "Offline Reverify" I get this:

So I need to access the keyserver.linuxgamepublishing.com from a browser, wich is ofline too.

So I don't see a solution, some ideas?

Comment

Working...
                    X