Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard disk and backup simultaneous failure

Since yesterday the LGP website give this message:

" Due to a hard drive failure which occurred at the same time as our backup system failed, the site is currently down. We expect to have full data recovery within the next few days. "

Comment

I've never seen LGP's server down before, then again I've only ever had to validate my key once for each of the games I bought from them (X2, X3, Sacred, Jets n Guns) and can still play them just fine. I still play the bejesus out of X3: Reunion all the time. Oddly enough if you try to access happypenguin.org you get the same exact message word for word. Are those two sites joined at the hip or is that just a standard automated error message?

Comment

HP is hosted by tuxgames which is owned by mike of lgp...so they all go together.

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
          HP is hosted by tuxgames which is owned by mike of lgp...so they all go together.
          I hope they solve the problem, meanwhile I can't play the game I rented and can't send them an email because the mail server is also down.

Comment

Try the IRC channel. Maybe you can find someone affiliated with the company there

Comment

It's kinda amazing. They run tuxgames, linuxgamespublishing, hp, their mail on 1 PC without a RAID or at least continuous backup? C'mon! I hope it's not also their development machine with thin clients all over the office...

Comment

Originally posted by krzta View Post
                It's kinda amazing. They run tuxgames, linuxgamespublishing, hp, their mail on 1 PC without a RAID or at least continuous backup? C'mon! I hope it's not also their development machine with thin clients all over the office...
                To be fair, not only did their main server die, but the backup as well. Not really a fun situation.

And AFAIK, they host HP as a service to the community, so give them some cred.

Comment

I have X3 and X2, and both are working just fine. Start is somewhat slower, I can see that they try to contact the DRM server @LGP (via wireshark) and fail, but given the fact that my keys have been verified, the games work just fine.

Never the less, LGP should find a way to solve this problem. E.g. use a an external hosting for their DRM servers?

- Gilboa
                  oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                  oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                  oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                  Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

np

Never had a problem with my LGP games or any other game bought from tuxgames. Just hoping theyĺl get something out the door before this christmas

Comment

Try this

launch the security manager and click on update key

enter your key again and press OK

then it will tell you it cant reverify without internet connection

and it will work (for me at least). Though I didnt rent games. I bought them normally (Sacred and X3)

Comment

Working...
                      X