Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cortex Command beta coming...request for testers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ad_267 View Post
    Just a heads up to others, I found the email welcoming me to the beta test had been marked as spam by Gmail.
    Ditto. I wouldn't have seen it last night if it wasn't for the fact that the word "ccommand" caught my eye just as I was going to clear out my spam.

Comment

I got copies of all the submissions people sent in. Which made it quite hard to miss

Haven't had much time for the game yet though, but it seems to install and run okay.

Comment

I got copies too(oddly), they were in spam though and I couldn't be bothered to search through 300 spam messages for the invite, assuming that I was accepted into the beta anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
          I got copies too(oddly), they were in spam though and I couldn't be bothered to search through 300 spam messages for the invite, assuming that I was accepted into the beta anyway.
          But you did find the mail with the login details and URL to the game? If not, it should have "[ccommand4linux] Welcome to the Cortex Command Beta!" in the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
            I got copies of all the submissions people sent in. Which made it quite hard to miss

Haven't had much time for the game yet though, but it seems to install and run okay.
            It actually works for you? The install finishes, but then it doesn't find files that are in the proper place... I'll download it again and give it another go, maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

Comment

i've tried the beta client but i can't make it run on 64bit due to the lib64Xpm.so.4 while it requires the 32 bit libXpm.so.4 i hope the 64 bit client will be upload soon

Comment

Ahah! Strangely, the mass-forward of silliness made it to my inbox, but the actual meaty bit that was useful got tagged as spam. Silly GMail... Well then, よろしく!

Comment

oh okay, I received an invite, somehow it didn't show up when I searched for it before.

Comment

Originally posted by gongo View Post
                    It actually works for you? The install finishes, but then it doesn't find files that are in the proper place... I'll download it again and give it another go, maybe I'm just doing something wrong.
                    That's because you're installing it like a "proper" Linux program and placing it for global user-use (per your email...)- I'll explain more in my email sometime tomorrow (just got back in from being out of town to go see my wife...) but suffice it to say that currently, deviations from what it defaults to may not work right (mainly because it's a straight up port from Windows to Linux without helpful things like PhysicsFS wired into the game...). There's another gotcha that came through to me via Kano where I find out that a .so I presumed to be a "universal" one ISN'T and some distributions apparently don't default install it.

A new build will be out shortly, hopefully partially handling the problem you're finding, the one Kano found, and probably 64-bits.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
                      Ahah! Strangely, the mass-forward of silliness made it to my inbox, but the actual meaty bit that was useful got tagged as spam. Silly GMail... Well then, よろしく!
                      Niiice. I'll try to be less spammy then and gritch at Google's GMail team- that wasn't SPAM and shouldn't have been flagged by GMail as such.

Comment

Working...
                      X