Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cortex Command beta coming...request for testers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
    Are you still looking?
    You've got another day or so, Robbie...

I'll let a few stragglers in after the first cut gets pushed, but not too many for this version of the game. There's some logistics reasons and some timing reasons. There's a few things I'm going through and verifying that I've not missed from the current in-development Windows version that you can download, but past that there shouldn't be anything that I see right at the moment from the Skirmish mode screens that shouldn't work at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by gongo View Post
    So I should wait for the Linux port to be released before buying, right? Will it be released from the Data Realms web site or via LGP?
    If it's going to be an LGP title, I will tell you up-front that it's one. This is a self-published indie thing. It'll be released from Data Realms' site mainly...

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Is that a worms clone or what kind of game is it?
    I think the video does it some justice- and he's still not "done" with the game. It's just in a good enough state for him to sell the parts that're done (yes...) and win him an IGF win last year.

It's a cute little game that's actually got some "fun" factor to it. The upshot is that it's going to probably be a bit easier to get on to Android and Pandora than Caster is going to be (Not that Caster's going to be "hard" in any sense of the word.)

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by ad_267 View Post
    Hi Svartalf, I'm just wondering if I should have got a reply to my email I sent about a week ago or if you're waiting before selecting people?
    It's a wait more than anything else. I'm bundling up the first installer for the beta. I'd have rolled it out this morning but I had a last minute problem I'm sorting out with the installer build.

Leave a comment:

• ad_267
    replied
    Hi Svartalf, I'm just wondering if I should have got a reply to my email I sent about a week ago or if you're waiting before selecting people?

Kano, no it's pretty different to worms from what I've seen. There's a gameplay video here: http://vimeo.com/2892988

Cheers,

Adam

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Is that a worms clone or what kind of game is it?

Leave a comment:

• gongo
    replied
    So I should wait for the Linux port to be released before buying, right? Will it be released from the Data Realms web site or via LGP?

Leave a comment:

• RobbieAB
    replied
    Are you still looking?

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Okay, change of email addresses (Since there's something 'off' with the address the current version of my mail server doesn't like...):

[email protected]

This has been tested just now and it is working- go to it guys!

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by whizse View Post
    Code:
      [email protected]
        SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
        host mail.earlconsult.com [71.252.210.131]: 550 Invalid recipient:
        beta_request
    Sigh... It's been one of those weeks (Don't ask...). Lemme see why my mail server's confused about that mailbox (it SHOULD be working...).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X