No announcement yet.

Unigine Announces Its OilRush Game For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like kind of poor timing considering what just happened in the Gulf of Mexico.

Comment

This is a perfect reason to upgrade or to build a new computer

Comment

Crap, now I have to buy an insanely expensive card to run this shit at 70% of its performance :')

But anyway this is pure gold. I got shivers when watchin that. If this, Rage and even (God forbid) Steam were to come out then this is going to be absoluetly pure gold for Linux.

I am thinking Apple boot times with SysD!
        I am thinking open source graphics!
        I am thinking KDE 4.6!
        I am thinking OpenGL 3.0!
        I am thinking "FSCK YES!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tares View Post
          It looked more like an atom or smth

Anyway Unigine Corp. you have my money
          Be wary of studios pulling an Epic on you...

Comment

Originally posted by MaestroMaus View Post
            Be wary of studios pulling an Epic on you...
            Like that Linux benchmark in which Heaven renders?

Comment

VERY NICE!
              I have a weakness for RTS ( and there is a distinct lack of them for linux... too many fps from commercial)

99% certain I shall buy this.
              Question is how good of a RTS is it going to be? SC2 is meh in all fairness, something along the lines of DoW econ would be epic!

I have a feeling it is going to be very bland between the two sides with virtually the same units ( or vary little distinction - as opose to sc, dow...) ie closer to what C&C did

Comment

If it's anything like C&C3 (gameplay wise), bring it. Looks awesome anyway. Can't wait to use that nuke .. and under Linux.

Comment

Visually gorgeous -- where do I sign up?

I'd preorder months in advance if they will give some special token to people who preorder

This is AWESOME... next best thing since Savage 2

Comment

Originally posted by Naib View Post
                    VERY NICE!
                    I have a weakness for RTS ( and there is a distinct lack of them for linux... too many fps from commercial)

99% certain I shall buy this.
                    Question is how good of a RTS is it going to be? SC2 is meh in all fairness, something along the lines of DoW econ would be epic!

I have a feeling it is going to be very bland between the two sides with virtually the same units ( or vary little distinction - as opose to sc, dow...) ie closer to what C&C did
                    I saw one side had these little floaty boats that would move real fast and only shoot one gun... the other side had some huge sub that came out of the water and had rapid fire cannons... that sounds to me like there's some variety

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                      OK, that *does* look pretty neat. Not exactly what I had in mind when I read "oil rush game"

What was the last weapon in the trailer - a space-based laser or something ?
                      Now your task is to make this run with r800c or r800g. Hehehehehehehehe. Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X