• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
    no, my mouse is ok, and iam using pc.
    this mouse jumping is only in 2 games, openarena and amnesia demo...:< all other games/programs works perfect
    Are you, by any chance, running both games at a quarter of the resolution of the resolution of your desktop?

Leave a comment:

• NomadDemon
    replied
    Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post
    Maybe your mouse is bad? Or you're using a laptop with a touch pad that you keep bumping?
    no, my mouse is ok, and iam using pc.
    this mouse jumping is only in 2 games, openarena and amnesia demo...:< all other games/programs works perfect

Leave a comment:

• Yfrwlf
    replied
    Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
    can i report a bug?

i chose to install on /usr/local/games/
    and cant run game, need to use "sudo" to make it works

why not make it for normal user able to run by default?
    need to install in home folder

and other bug, dunno its my own bug
    mouse in game is jumping to right bottom corner after a click, sometimes without clicking, i have same problem in openarena :< some1 help?

using ubuntu 10.04
    Maybe your mouse is bad? Or you're using a laptop with a touch pad that you keep bumping?

Leave a comment:

• binstream
    replied
    Originally posted by whizse View Post
    Who's distributing the Linux version?
    It's still under consideration.

Leave a comment:

• NomadDemon
    replied
    can i report a bug?

i chose to install on /usr/local/games/
    and cant run game, need to use "sudo" to make it works

why not make it for normal user able to run by default?
    need to install in home folder

and other bug, dunno its my own bug
    mouse in game is jumping to right bottom corner after a click, sometimes without clicking, i have same problem in openarena :< some1 help?

using ubuntu 10.04

Leave a comment:

• Yfrwlf
    replied
    Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    BTW, such an installer doesn't make it easier to install a game, actually.

Since you shouldn't run binaries you download off the internet as root, you have to install to a new directory using user privileges, then copy the thing over. That's what I do anyway.

If it's not coming from a distro repository, it's not getting run as root, period.
    Installing things without requiring root permission, or having a system for sharing installed programs in a secure way without root access such as Zero Install can do, or giving users the choice to install system wide or not, would be ideal, of course a combination of option 2 and 3 would be best. But yes, very much agreed, installers shouldn't require root access, they should bundle their own libraries so they don't have to, or better yet check to see if the needed system libraries are there and if not, download them. Ideally though you have policykit or maybe just specifically packagekit deal with installing new libraries while installing a new program so that other programs can also have access to those same libraries to save space, i.e. an intelligent and secure non-root method for installing and sharing with other users both libraries and programs. There's just a zillion things that could be done that would be a billion times better than a static archive you uncompress and run, actual installers are a lot more user friendly. Or, at least they can be. ^^ Downloading and running programs on Linux needs to be as easy as it is on Mac and Windows for Linux to gain more traction and be easier to use. Linux needs to surpass all competitors in every area.

Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
    I could care less about a GUI.
    I want the loki installer - something like UT2004.
    Not familiar with it but any kind of installer that is easy to use would be better than distro favoritism packaging or unfriendly archive packs. Also, while I don't mind the command line myself, the point was making it easy for *any* and *all* users to use Linux, to see Linux reach a much wider level of adoption, which will directly effect you as it directly effects the number of developers on the Linux platform.

Leave a comment:

• Naib
    replied
    Originally posted by whizse View Post
    valve

10char

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Latest versions of the Unigine demos are close to working in Mesa, if you add floating point support (which is an GL3 feature). Luca coded up some rough proof-of-concept support to do that, but it's not going into master because of patent concerns. It sounds like they're going to discuss the matter in the X conference coming up.

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    Originally posted by binstream View Post
    It depends on distributors.

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    Originally posted by binstream View Post
    Frankly speaking I can't guarantee that we will support open source drivers.
    That's understandable.

I think the only thing we're asking is not to be locked out (i.e. if the game was to simply refuse to run if "Mesa" was detected in the renderer string).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X