No announcement yet.

Unigine Announces Its OilRush Game For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok I RTFA a bit more and this does sound good!
    A kind of tower-defence and RTS!!!
    The OilRigs (ie the towers) are the primary resource points so like DoW where you were battling for StrategicPoints. I like this type of gameplay because it doesn't encourage turtling

There does seem to be a variety of units, but still seems C&C (esp TibSun) like variation but ill hold judgement

Comment

--EDIT--

just think if this title gets enough publicity AND STEAM is also release and STEAM is used as the digital distribution means, that could be a very nice double wammy for gaming and linux. Can't wait till Q4 now!!!! (even if it is just for this)

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
        Crap, now I have to buy an insanely expensive card to run this shit at 70% of its performance :')

Im pretty sure that an HD5770 will be enough to get decent perfomance with good visual quality.
        As a game developer, Im very interested to see how Unigine performs in an actual game.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerdv View Post
          Im pretty sure that an HD5770 will be enough to get decent perfomance with good visual quality.
          I have an HD5770 lying on the shelf. Not using it right now due to Evergreen being in a non-completely working state and I'm also still hesitant to build it all myself, although I realy should get my hands dirty by now.

I'm already impressed by Mesa 7.8.1 r600c being able to leverage performance that's enough to run Tomb Raider: Anniversary on my onboard HD3300 with 128MB onboard RAM. There are some occasional textures that are not rendered as in not updated (this caused a headache in one particular room with pilars >.<), but that occurs rarely throughout the game. I'm sure this has already been fixed in Mesa 7.9.

Comment

There are no way this can be better than Complete Annihilation as a game.

Even more, I prefer Evolution RTS, Gundam RTS or Conflict Terra rather than this since its a pay-only-none-influence-able-game.

You can't talk to developers much about the game while it's under developing because its not a free project.

Comment

Originally posted by jiero View Post
              There are no way this can be better than Complete Annihilation as a game.

Even more, I prefer Evolution RTS, Gundam RTS or Conflict Terra rather than this since its a pay-only-none-influence-able-game.

You can't talk to developers much about the game while it's under developing because its not a free project.
              It's not so much about the gameplay for me -- it's the mere fact that yet another game (with very awesome graphics, too) is getting ported to Linux. We should celebrate that, even if the gameplay isn't what we're expecting. First we have to get game developers thinking about our platform; then we can get picky about how "fun" the game is.

Comment

Those crazy PR people and their wacky antics:

Comment

Looks cool, it its not more that 30? I will give it a go for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
                    Those crazy PR people and their wacky antics:
                    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/02...n-gulf/?hpt=T2
                    This game has ties into popular culture and a specific time, just like GTA. This is going to be a blockbuster

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                      Seems like kind of poor timing considering what just happened in the Gulf of Mexico.
                      I disagree. The timing couldn't be more perfect IMHO. Sure it's a touchy and polarizing subject but it's publicity and like they say, any publicity is good publicity. Some people may cause an uproar to the tune of "Oh my god how can you make a game about oil rigs after the disaster that just happened? May you burn in hell!" But all that will do is raise public awareness of the game and probably increase sales.

Comment

Working...
                      X