Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Amnesia Game Gets Ready For A Linux Release

Phoronix: The Amnesia Game Gets Ready For A Linux Release

For those trying to find a new Linux game that offers good graphics while not being a first person shooter with little to no plot -- as is the case for a majority of the commercial and open-source games available for Linux -- the Amnesia: The Dark Descent game is expected to be released next month. Amnesia: The Dark Descent is a graphic adventure horror game that will have a Linux-native client and has been in development by Frictional Games, the same studio that developed the Penumbra series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The Penumbra games were fantastic, and I'm looking forward to this.

I hope they release the demo, so I can test it on the OSS drivers, though. Penumbra worked fine, but this is an updated engine.

Comment

EDIT -- I see that there is a test app out, hopefully that will be a decent enough test. I'll wait for the 64-bit version, though.

Comment

Doesn't seem to be working with r300g, guess I will have to file a bug.

Comment

I'll be happy when this starts working on my ATI Radeon (600 series), but I guess that will still be a while.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
            Doesn't seem to be working with r300g, guess I will have to file a bug.
            Or rather Mesa itself, since softpipe have the same problem(s).

Comment

Originally posted by quintesse View Post
              I'll be happy when this starts working on my ATI Radeon (600 series), but I guess that will still be a while.
              It can't be that far away, the original engine (HPL1) worked like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                It can't be that far away, the original engine (HPL1) worked like a charm.
                Using the Open Source drivers? Really? I didn't know that.

Comment

Sure, I played through the Penumbra trilogy using r600c. Well, I got bored with the last installment eventually, but other than motion blur, everything worked perfectly.

Comment

Filed a bug in case anyone else is interested:

Comment

Working...
                    X