Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melcar
    replied
    The game is supposed to have that 50s and 60s scifi feel to it, hence the peculiar alien appearance and the level design (or the Godzilla named bots). It's part of the game's charm. Tech. issue for me though: the game doesn't seem to work correctly with the 300g driver (pixel garbage is displayed on screen), despite the previous 7.40 version working.

Leave a comment:

• smani
    replied
    Originally posted by Kazade View Post
    Nitpick: The only thing that I feel lets down the game graphically is the aliens, it would be nice if they were more sinister looking rather than comical looking.
    I think they found just the right balance between funny looking characters (which also contribute to the fun atmosphere of the game) and seriousness.

Leave a comment:

• Kazade
    replied
    I think it looks gorgeous! Nice work devs! Alien Arena is one of my favourite games!

Nitpick: The only thing that I feel lets down the game graphically is the aliens, it would be nice if they were more sinister looking rather than comical looking.

e.g. more this:

than this:

But of course that's just a minor personal preference, and I'm probably missing the point

Leave a comment:

• Irritant
    replied
    Ok, well in that thread, several people tried to help you, and you never responded. Nobody said anything about a "shitty Linux sound stack".

Leave a comment:

• dsmithhfx
    replied
    Originally posted by Irritant View Post
    What are you even talking about? All of the developers run the game on Linux. What developers are you referring to, because I certainly never said any such thing.

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Nice. Too bad I'm stuck with my laptop and won't be able to play this with all the eye candy.

Leave a comment:

• smani
    replied
    Originally posted by Pfanne View Post
    its really sad, that all these opensource shooter lack talented designers.
    I must say I disagree, in my opinion AA really lives up to it's promises by being a nice and fun game with a nice atmosphere, ideal for the occasional distraction

Leave a comment:

• Irritant
    replied
    Originally posted by dsmithhfx View Post
    With the last release, it couldn't. When I posted about this, the developers pointed to the 'sorry-state of the linux sound stack', implying they weren't going to do anything about it...
    What are you even talking about? All of the developers run the game on Linux. What developers are you referring to, because I certainly never said any such thing.

Leave a comment:

• dsmithhfx
    replied
    Can this open source game be played on an open-source operating system?

With the last release, it couldn't. When I posted about this, the developers pointed to the 'sorry-state of the linux sound stack', implying they weren't going to do anything about it...

Leave a comment:

• Irritant
    replied
    Here are some official screenshots and video -

This is an updated version of the official Alien Arena trailer, for 2010. There are a host of improvements and new content for the 2010 version of this game...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X