No announcement yet.

Linux Game Publishing: "We Are Very Much Alive"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'd see that an indipendent hardware company, trying to sell their "ubuntu devices" have an official board on ubuntuforums (it's called system76). Why LGP don't try something alike?

Maybe for asking for an "official" board in the phoronix forums: all the visibility they need (immediate as they release something of interest) plus possibility to see "directly on field" which commercial linux games people is willing to pay for.

The "humble indie bundle" did show that if you've the right ideas... you can still be able to get payed by linux user not differently form mac/windoers.

Valve is actively letting "empty" that segment of market (the myth of the "os market global share")... but in business don't win who execute rules: win those who invent new rules.
    Some time ago "global market share" for gaming was in Nintendo hands... now it's just a 3rd player (basically, it's only the joypad which give them still meaning to exist now days)

Comment

I have a feeling Trine may be coming to Linux, now that LGP has stated they are working on unannounced titles. It would make sense, now that IGIOS and FrozenByte have worked with them in the past. Can't wait for more games. I have bought 4 games off them so far, and I will be buying more games.

Comment

If they want PR they could make an account on ModDB/IndieDB and add the projects there. A huge amount of people (including Linux guys) are looking there... way more than here... and it provides interested users with the ability to watch (receive news and other updates immediately) as well as access to the projects. They could even get their stuff on Desura without any extra effort. Forum is of course inclusive if they want to but it's not necessary to have one.

But I don't think PR or being-known is their problem.

Comment

Working...
        X