Linux Game Publishing: "We Are Very Much Alive"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    Yanno, Michael, if you'd waited a smidge to see if Simms would have responded or if I could get something out of people on my end, you'd have avoided this whole boondoggle and had a better piece of news to report, I think.
    If you have been to this site awhile, you should know that Michael just wants a head line no matter how off base he is.

Comment

Michael, between sensationalizing the kernel regression and your jumping the gun with LGP, your reporting in recent months is becoming downright despicable. If you want to keep readers at all rather than depend on the slashdot effect to keep your site alive, I suggest you shape up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by soupbowl View Post
        If you have been to this site awhile, you should know that Michael just wants a head line no matter how off base he is.
        He'd have HAD a headline- and a better one...

Comment

so whats the problem? if Michael wouldn't mention LGP i would not have heard about it! and there are for sure a punch of people who also like to know that there is a company which does commercial games for linux, alive and kickin'!

Comment

Cool it guys stop giving him so much flack.

Sure i gave him flack for the Valve/Steam article but that was valid since there isn't any confirmation from Valve, but this article is short, sweet and to the point.

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
              Cool it guys stop giving him so much flack.

Sure i gave him flack for the Valve/Steam article but that was valid since there isn't any confirmation from Valve, but this article is short, sweet and to the point.
              There wasn't any confirmation from LGP when he did the first either- and he's not posted the other to the front page yet.

Not that I'm mad or anything- just mildly miffed that he jumped the gun like this. He can do better and probably should've on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by sol-invictus View Post
                so whats the problem? if Michael wouldn't mention LGP i would not have heard about it! and there are for sure a punch of people who also like to know that there is a company which does commercial games for linux, alive and kickin'!
                It's the sequence of events, more than anything else. The "LGP dead/dying?" article was discussing rumor mill crap, pure FUD really, stirred up in recent times because there's been delays in responding to support queries and two months since the last blog entry. I was asked if I knew anything, to whit I'd responded that I'd been out of the loop for a while and knew very little. Then the article shows. Only a couple of days later the item shows up on Slashdot and Linux Today. That same day we see the response we're now discussing.

If Michael could've waited a couple of days, I probably could have got the response we're now discussing without needing to spread the FUD about.

Comment

He likes to stir up noise. Unofficial noise.

Micheal = LIAR

Comment

Hey, LGP now has demos on their site! That'll help a lot.

And while it's probably not realistic, what I would quite like is to see are the biggest/best titles to be ported, like GTA IV and the like. Games that you hear about everywhere. But that's probably not going to happen..

Comment

Is linux gaming trying to become existentialistic.

Comment

Working...
                      X