No announcement yet.

ETQW 1.5 under Gallium3D (R300)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know, I was running whole 32-bit Mesa and libdrm and libtxc_dxtn on a 64-bit system and I can tell you it is not worth it. It still crashed sometimes and gdb could not recognize the binary format, so I wasn't able to not debug it.

Really, if you want ETQW, the easiest way is to install a 32-bit system with libtxc_dxtn.

Comment

I'm running an amd64 gentoo system and I just played the etqw-demo for maybe 15-30 mins and experienced no crashes or anything similar.

Comment

I complied and installed the 32-bit version of the texture compression lib. I can report that I am now successfull starting and running the game in 64-bit system. At 1920x1200 it is bit slow, maybe in single digit frame rate. NO corruptions or Artifacts. That is great will try with lower resolution later.

Thanks for the help! Great progress in r300g

Comment

Originally posted by Beiruty View Post
          I complied and installed the 32-bit version of the texture compression lib. I can report that I am now successfull starting and running the game in 64-bit system. At 1920x1200 it is bit slow, maybe in single digit frame rate. NO corruptions or Artifacts. That is great will try with lower resolution later.

Thanks for the help! Great progress in r300g
          Is the 32-bit library available for download somewhere?

I have successfully compiled and installed the 64-bit version on my Arch Linux system.

Had a bit of trouble finding the source files since http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheideg...n070518.tar.gz doesn't exist anymore, but finally found them here.

Comment

Working...
          X