No announcement yet.

X3:Reunion Menu problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well ati needed ages to fix a OpenGL 4 problem with tesselation. I reported it several times that i compared the results between linux+win and until the latest 10.10 HOTFIX (not the normal 10.10) it did not work correctly. I tested it since i got a 5670... So ati really managed to write worse win opengl drivers - even for more customers

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Well ati needed ages to fix a OpenGL 4 problem with tesselation. I reported it several times that i compared the results between linux+win and until the latest 10.10 HOTFIX (not the normal 10.10) it did not work correctly. I tested it since i got a 5670... So ati really managed to write worse win opengl drivers - even for more customers
      Heh... That's just entertaining.

Comment

Well, it was fixed after the german c't magazine published this:

Ende Oktober sollen die ersten Grafikkarten der neuen HD-6000-Generation von AMD in den Regalen stehen. Sie begeistern und enttäuschen zugleich.

They wrote that a nv gtx 460 has 30.6 fps in unigine heaven (dx11), radeon hd 5870 has 28.1 and hd 6870 got 27.7 in dx11 mode. But then they write that OpenGL 4 with hd 6870 with similar settings was only 10.3 fps - they did not mention hd 5 series, but the problem was there too of course. And guess what, ati began to work on the issue, but not when I found the issue with my hd 5670.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Well, it was fixed after the german c't magazine published this:

Ende Oktober sollen die ersten Grafikkarten der neuen HD-6000-Generation von AMD in den Regalen stehen. Sie begeistern und enttäuschen zugleich.

They wrote that a nv gtx 460 has 30.6 fps in unigine heaven (dx11), radeon hd 5870 has 28.1 and hd 6870 got 27.7 in dx11 mode. But then they write that OpenGL 4 with hd 6870 with similar settings was only 10.3 fps - they did not mention hd 5 series, but the problem was there too of course. And guess what, ati began to work on the issue, but not when I found the issue with my hd 5670.
          Heh... It's a matter of their priorities. Even though we know you're not a nobody, compared to c't or one of the studios (such as Free Radical before they canceled their Windows version of Haze...), you're that- and they get the attention of management to schedule resources quicker than you or I would.

Comment

Working...
          X