Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine Heaven 2.1 Brings OpenGL 4.0 Support

Phoronix: Unigine Heaven 2.1 Brings OpenGL 4.0 Support

Last week we exclusively reported that a Unigine Heaven update was imminent with proper OpenGL tessellation support for NVIDIA GPUs on Linux. Today Unigine Heaven 2.1 has been released with this support, among other improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice, when will it be in PTS with OGL 4 mode?

Comment

Wow! Does this mean that my GTX 285 can run the tessellation benchmark through OpenGL 3.3? Or is it exclusively in 4.0 mode? I've been dying to see this technology in action, but I can't afford a new GPU...

Comment

To be honest, I have run Unigine Heaven pretty much once a week since it has first been released. But not to benchmark my system, but to use the "walkthrough" function where you can move around like in a first person RPG. Why? I think the scenario has several elements that have always fascinated me combined, which makes me wanting to be at that place as soon as the program is loaded:

- based on flying islands over the sky and the clouds (!)
        - a nice and friendly looking city on one of the flying islands
        - nice places without houses on other islands
        - long swing bridges over the sky and the clouds without any grounds, which also move so it is kind of dangerous to walk over them (!)
        - an airship that is actually that, not a zeppelin where you sit somewhere indoor, but something that really looks like an old but nice ship, just with the ability to fly (!)

If anyone knows any good movies or documentaries or games that share some of those aspects, let me know

Sorry for getting off-topic.

Comment

Anyone got the 3D Stereo working in Linux? -render_stereo 1 command line does not help as the engine sets "0" immediately

BTW, in Windows the 3D Stereo Anaglyph mode on OpenGL works fine in Unigine Heaven 2.1:
          Windows/OpenGL + 3D Stereo/Anaglyph: 294 / 6.2 / 11.7 / 19.6
          Windows/D3D10 + 3D Stereo/3DVision Anaglyph: 313 / 6.6 / 12.4 / 21.9

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
            If anyone knows any good movies or documentaries or games that share some of those aspects, let me know
            Skies of Arcadia, but that's a very old (Dreamcast/Gamecube) RPG. Might not be, what you're looking for, but it's all about flying islands in the sky and airships.

Comment

Just curious - what are the problems with tessellation & AMD's drivers (or Unigine's interaction with them)? Artifacts, performance, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post

Sorry for getting off-topic.
                Try "The Book of UNwritten Tales" a nice adventure.

Comment

Too bad that they disabled 3D Stereo mode in Linux.

Also updated: Tropics Benchmark 1.3 & Sanctuary Benchmark 2.3

Comment

Working...
                  X