Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
    my reading skills are better than my writing skills.

but trueness are more complex than linear causal trivial kindergarten logic.

you can prove 1 aspect with an complete outstanding argument.

my argument is linux is strong if they do not bring the games to linux the linux users will bring the linux to the games.
    Wine is an excellent project, and it's true that Linux users "find a way", but I think that wine is never going to be a replacement for native games. If a company only needs to make a game for windows, they'll only make a game for windows, and any "linux" sales (with the purpose of running on wine) will still only count as windows sales.
    That's just my thoughts though.

Comment

• This link got my hopes up:

Anyone think it's just wine?

Comment

• Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
        Wine. 10char.

Comment

• I don't if this been posted yet:
          Desura is online games! Have you tried free games on Desura? Which ones are your favorites? let's all play together in free online games on Desura!

Comment

• maybe it has been posted already, but i find the last 2 posts really interesting ..

Comment

• Apparently on that frozenbyte forum link, one of the devs said that trine would be out for linux within a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
                Apparently on that frozenbyte forum link, one of the devs said that trine would be out for linux within a month.
                Let me rephrase that sentence: Trine is not initially released through the Linux client of Steam.

Anyways, while I wouldn't expect anything of that to become public, Valve is probably going to announce that they are working on the Linux client privately to developers at the GDC this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                  Let me rephrase that sentence: Trine is not initially released through the Linux client of Steam.

Anyways, while I wouldn't expect anything of that to become public, Valve is probably going to announce that they are working on the Linux client privately to developers at the GDC this week.
                  Are you one of the trine devs ? d2kx=fb_joel ?

Comment

• Desura is online games! Have you tried free games on Desura? Which ones are your favorites? let's all play together in free online games on Desura!

Comment

• Originally posted by christian_frank View Post
                      Are you one of the trine devs ? d2kx=fb_joel ?
                      No, but before a release there is a Beta and before a Beta there's an announcement. It needs more than a month to do all of this.

Comment

Working...
                      X