Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
    Apparently some think this is a step forward in the push for linux. I guess opengl compatibility could never hurt.
    Heh... You might say that.

Comment

• Perhaps Michael forgot about *this*.

Comment

• Originally posted by snuwoods View Post
        Apparently some think this is a step forward in the push for linux. I guess opengl compatibility could never hurt.
        Regarding the sales bumps in the article:
        hopefully Valve is greedy enough to actually do the Linux port.

Comment

• Originally posted by energyman View Post
          servers, disk space, electricity do no come for free.
          You left out the cost of having an employee of your already small studio moderate a forum that had more trolls than Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Comment

• Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
            You left out the cost of having an employee of your already small studio moderate a forum that had more trolls than Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy.
            +1 for the lol's

Comment

• Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
              +1 for the lol's
              And +1 for it being brutally true at the same time!

Comment

• Originally posted by meklu View Post
                Perhaps Michael forgot about *this*.
                It could also be called "AMD Time"- it took them about 6 more months to have the tech info to drive their chips in the community's hands than Michael'd planned for once they allowed him to "leak" that little bit of info.

Comment

• Well, here's what I saw in my flash forward:
                  There I am, standing in a large crowd. I am in the USA. I can tell by peoples accent. And there is this white building and in front of this building stands an african american looking man in a suit. He is having a victory speech about a second term or something. I am hooked but I keep feeling awesome about this game I bought earlier that day. It's Half-Life 2: Episode 3. I bought it because... that same day Valve released a Linux client.

And then I woke up on my desk. I'm looking at Ktorrent and I am seeing that I'm two minutes and seventeen seconds closer to the end of my download of Fedora.

Comment

• Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                    an african american looking man in a suit. He is having a victory speech about a second term or something. I am hooked but I keep feeling awesome about this game I bought earlier that day. It's Half-Life 2: Episode 3. I bought it because... that same day Valve released a Linux client.

And then the world ends.

Comment

• So are they gonna release Steam for Linux? It is now August and no news since May...

Comment

Working...
                      X