Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishful thinking of a sceptic would be: It isn't going to come. Then: this right here must prove it!

Wishful thinking is also: I want that Steam would be ported: this must prove it!

Logical thinking:
    -job offers for linux game porting.
    -Linux client appearing on FTP.
    -Michael saying he has got inside confirmation.
    -Linux files apearing in the Steam client, while the server binary is a completely seperate download.
    No what's it gonna be, punk? Facts are facts. Those guys are under an NDA so they were not going disclosing anything to anyone, _anyway_.

Comment

• -job offers for linux game porting.
      probably game server only

-Linux client appearing on FTP
      i think it's fake

Comment

• Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
        Wishful thinking of a sceptic would be: It isn't going to come. Then: this right here must prove it!

Wishful thinking is also: I want that Steam would be ported: this must prove it!

Logical thinking:
        -job offers for linux game porting.
        -Linux client appearing on FTP.
        -Michael saying he has got inside confirmation.
        -Linux files apearing in the Steam client, while the server binary is a completely seperate download.
        No what's it gonna be, punk? Facts are facts. Those guys are under an NDA so they were not going disclosing anything to anyone, _anyway_.
        So a Valve developer was excited about Webkit, and hacked together an incomplete Linux version. This developer then said to Michael: "Hey I'm running Steam on Linux!" Then the client leaks. Then the management people get all these questions about some Linux client and they say "hey, we don't have any plans, Linux is way too small at the moment". They could be lying, but as plausible scenarios go, this one is very.

Comment

• So, is it official yet?

Comment

• So are they ever going to man up and admit they never got any offical word about steam coming to linux?

Comment

• Originally posted by Remco View Post
              So a Valve developer was excited about Webkit, and hacked together an incomplete Linux version. This developer then said to Michael: "Hey I'm running Steam on Linux!" Then the client leaks. Then the management people get all these questions about some Linux client and they say "hey, we don't have any plans, Linux is way too small at the moment". They could be lying, but as plausible scenarios go, this one is very.
              This is the worst form of jumping to conclusions, especialy because Webkit is totaly cross platform, in case you never took notice. And porting to Linux just to implement Webkit to see how it handles? C'mon! You've got to admit that sounds as probable as an alien WTC conspiracy theory...

Comment

• Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                So, is it official yet?
                Has it officialy been debunked, yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                  Has it officialy been debunked, yet?
                  There you go :
                  Last week, GamesIndustry.biz talked to Valve's director Business Development Jason Holtman and marketing VP Doug Lombar…

"Q: Final question, and one I'm sure you're not super-keen to answer, but I promised one of our tech guys I'd ask it. What truth is there to rumours that you're also working on a Linux version of Steam?

Doug Lombardi: There's no Linux version that we're working on right now. ..."

Comment

• Originally posted by sgRevan View Post
                    There you go :
                    Last week, GamesIndustry.biz talked to Valve's director Business Development Jason Holtman and marketing VP Doug Lombar…

"Q: Final question, and one I'm sure you're not super-keen to answer, but I promised one of our tech guys I'd ask it. What truth is there to rumours that you're also working on a Linux version of Steam?

Doug Lombardi: There's no Linux version that we're working on right now. ..."
                    That doesn't really prove anything one way or another. That is what he would have to reply whether or not they were working on a linux port.

Comment

• This thread is getting sillier and sillier.

Comment

Working...
                      X