Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Official: Valve Releasing Steam, Source Engine For Linux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NiBu View Post
    Yesterday I have found one article in PC World written by J. Vaughan-Nichols. This person we all can trust, and one sentence in his article says :
    Never heard of him, but the article points back to phoronix It seems that all steam+linux related stories lead to phoronix.

Comment

• I don't get you? Why should apple pay for anything? First of all apple sells items over itunes and doesn't get any revenue from steam games. There are so many apple followers out there that they even restricted the amount of ipads somebody could buy. apple does certainly not pay valve. They want to sell games for their own mobile plattform. That works like printing banknotes as apple does not allow the use of free flash games.

Steam for Linux is certainly hyped but the last available files did not show a complete client just parts of the gui. Most likely just crosscompile tests. Hopefully a working client is released some time in the future, but apple has definitely nothing to do with it.

Comment

• Oh boy I can't wait for the release just so I can say "Hah! See!" xD

Comment

• Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
          Oh boy I can't wait for the release just so I can say "Hah! See!" xD
          I'll visit you in the nursing home then, okay?

Comment

• You know, that place is totally awesome, I can listen to repetative techno music all day and I just put all this yellow finger paint all over my face and stuff and they have all this colored 'medz' that I can eat and apples and fruit and there is this guy that runs around with his bedsheet over his head.

It is basicaly like Pacman, but with better graphics. You should totaly check out the EyeFinity raytracing ^^, Whoohoo!

Comment

• Originally posted by NiBu View Post
              Furthermore there was a steam client announcement last days with the following entry . But few hours later this sentence was removed from the announcement
              Jesus flipping Christ.

There was NEVER anything in the original announcement about a linux client, some guy on the forums quoted the original post and edited it to say something about a linux client. IT WAS A JOKE.

Comment

• Hehe... Pacman in the nursing home :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
                  Hehe... Pacman in the nursing home :P
                  Fsck yeah!

Comment

• I haven't visit Phoronix lately, so is there anything new on the Linux Steam client front?

Comment

• Nothing except it being hot air so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X