200k more until 1 mill and source code given for several indie games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Setlec View Post
    @Svartalf: they did an excellent work by anticipating... But one question remains... If Penumbra is owned by the Frictional Games, why Wolfire did convince them to release other indies' games src code? Did they all merged together, to form a big Indie gaming company?
    Don't know. I do know that they intimated that they had more plans like this one in store on the download link page- and to let you know when they come about...or not.

Comment

Code release a side, I for one, find it very amusing that Linux users contributed (money wise) almost the same as Windows users, even though the market share is ~95/1.

Hopefully this project will generate more PR. It'll counter the "Linux user base is too small to be considered" crowd.

- Gilboa
      oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
      oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
      oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
      Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Originally posted by gilboa View Post
        Code release a side, I for one, find it very amusing that Linux users contributed (money wise) almost the same as Windows users, even though the market share is ~95/1.
        No they didn't. The Pie-Chart doesn't represent the number of contributions per platform, but the sum. So Linux-users actually contributed approximately half as much money as Windows-users. See here. But it's still a great result for us.

Comment

I stand corrected. As you said, impressive never the less. Thanks for the link.
          oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
          oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
          oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
          Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
            But it's still a great result for us.
            Yes, it is. One more data point to have in hand when talking with studios and publishers- and a VERY good one.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              Bah. I thought we're getting the game in a playable state, not just the code. I can write the code myself if I want to (and looking at it makes me think I would be better at it too).

One would think 1 million bucks would be enough to make part of the game at least free beer :-/ They generated a lot of PR with this move, even though it turns out its nothing special, *and* got a crapload of money out of it.
              Talk is cheap. Write a better game with professional graphics and sound then release it for free, or stop complaining.

I thought Linux users just wanted open source, not handouts. I guess I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by kgonzales View Post
                Talk is cheap. Write a better game with professional graphics and sound then release it for free, or stop complaining.
                Sir, please lighten up before using the interwebs. What do you think I've meant in the first place? Maybe that I can't create artwork?

Thank you then, Mr. Obvious.

Comment

Working...
                X