The Humble Indie Bundle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psycho_driver View Post
    That is interesting since now they're up to ~40,000 contributions and the distribution is still about the same (possibly a % or more shifted into linux). That means there's been almost 10k contributions from linux. I'll be adding mine tomorrow.
    I'm not entirely sure that graph is moving at all.

I bought the pack yesterday for $20. I really hope more deals like this come out of the indie game scene after the success of this so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevtus View Post
      I'm not entirely sure that graph is moving at all.

I bought the pack yesterday for $20. I really hope more deals like this come out of the indie game scene after the success of this so far.

Looks like the Linuxians are getting more numerous.

Comment

Originally posted by mugginz View Post

Looks like the Linuxians are getting more numerous.
        I take that back, it is moving after all.

I did think about powering up the GIMP and checking the pixels before posting that but I'm in the middle of studying (well, studying with the occasional lurking of forums).

Comment

Originally posted by Nevtus View Post
          .....but I'm in the middle of studying (well, studying with the occasional lurking of forums).
          Now get back to work, you!

Comment

Well, that graph is certainly an indication to indie developers that the Mac+Linux market is important.

It most probably does not translate to 100% to the top commercial titles (due to the sheer numbers if nothing else), but indie developers should be paying attention to Mac and Linux in the future, and this is a good thing.

Comment

To get the rest of the Penumbra Collection

I was waiting for my coupon code via email or some link to purchase the expansions at 75% off as advertised. Then I searched their forums and to get the rest of the collection for $5 you need to run the installer for Penumbra, the coupon code shows up there. FYI.

Comment

Thanks for the graph comparison, I had some doubts about it not moving too. Linux actually has a surprisingly large share, I would have hoped/guessed for something like 10% at best.

Comment

You know that proves a point that there are SO many linux users out there. And even more proof that there are plenty of linux users who are also gamers. I really like the business model that has been applied to that indie game bundle. The front page really proves a point. Phoronix should do an article on it!

Comment

For those who are interested, the upcoming Amnesia - from the makers of the Penumbra series - is currently also under promotion: http://www.amnesiagame.com/

$10 instead of $20

Comment

Originally posted by EarthMind View Post
                      For those who are interested, the upcoming Amnesia - from the makers of the Penumbra series - is currently also under promotion: http://www.amnesiagame.com/
                      $10 instead of $20
                      That game looks really good!

Comment

Working...
                      X