X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kano
    replied
    @Svartalf

Could you try the games and maybe patch sdl? That could be easyly replaced i think.

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by whizse View Post
    Actually, both of these have been mentioned earlier in the thread.

Anyway, nice to see the offer of source confirmed.
    Indeed. They're at over a half million dollars sent in (I just added another $30 for a gift to my brother because it was such a nifty deal to begin with...)- at the rate things are going, they might just hit that million mark. I'd like for them to actually do that- it'd hammer home the point they and I have been telling people for a while now.

Might even get the big boys to wise up a bit (A cool million on this little PR stunt would be definitely turning heads in the AAA crowd- a million is a hell of a lot of money for "pick your price"...)

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    Both Lugaru and Aquaria suffers from this "feature", and both were ported by Ryan Gordon, shouldn't he know better?

(It makes debugging from gdb a real PITA...)

Leave a comment:

• Svartalf
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    The biggest problem is that the LINUX games - except World of Goo block the keyboard/mouse so you can not leave the game even in windowed mode, thats stupid. Do we need to use wine to get that feature or what...
    I strongly suspect that they've set SDL_WM_GrabInput to on (which is something I'd wish SDL had never implemented- people keep using it wrongly...). I'm pretty sure if the right people (You're one of them, by the by, Kano...) were to mention that it is a problem and a bit of the why they might issue patches for the current titles and not do it with future ones.

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    Actually, both of these have been mentioned earlier in the thread.

Anyway, nice to see the offer of source confirmed.

Leave a comment:

• King InuYasha
    replied
    Looks like no one's said anything about it yet. I've been hanging out in the IRC room and I read that if the bundle reaches $1 million USD, then Lugaru, Gish, and Penumbra: Overture will all become open source!

Also, Frictional Games is offering the entire Penumbra series for $5 to people who've bought the bundle!

Leave a comment:

• Licaon
    replied
    +20$ from me for Linux gaming.
    Cheers

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium
    nativ world of goo do have many other problems to witch a wine windows based world of goo do not have..

if you like play mp3s in the backround and turn of musik in world of goo you can't do this because world of goo do not have a option to turn of sound..

if you start this game in wine you can turn of sound in winecfg...
    Works fine here, I just mute the sound from WoG in PA and play my own music instead.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    I dont have got your problem. But you can always do something like this:
    Code:
    rm -rf /opt/WorldOfGoo/libs*
    ldconfig
    and use the system wide installed libs:
    Code:
    apt-get install libogg0 libvorbisfile3 libvorbis0a libsdl-mixer1.2 libsdl1.2debian-alsa

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
    I finally bothered to watch the humble video (curiosity finally got the better of me) firstly could they not have done the tweet bit at the end a bit more professionally considering the how the rest was done? But of more interest to you guys I guess comes in when it pans down the website @ ~1m15s an extra line of text before the payment section caught my eye and for some reason I think people here might like it.
    Hmm, interesting. The question is if it still planned, considering that they removed that line from the text on the site?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X