• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix
    started a topic Yes, More Steam & Source Engine Linux Details

Yes, More Steam & Source Engine Linux Details

Phoronix: Yes, More Steam & Source Engine Linux Details

While there's likely already a number of you tired of hearing about Valve's efforts to bring the Steam client and Source Engine to the Linux desktop and are just waiting for an official announcement, there's a few more Linux details to shed this afternoon for those interested in this event that has the possibility of sparking a Linux game revolution...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODE4Mw

• dopehouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Setlec View Post
    so there are business people that do things for linux... Id Software, LGP, Loki Games (defunct), Ungine Corp., and others...
    Just for the records: Even Microsoft does things for Linux (Kernel Modules, user apps and they sell it [MS-Novel-Contract])

Leave a comment:

• Setlec
    replied
    er... isn't Novell that publish opensuze? so for you Sir Brizz business people don't make things for linux, right? I used to work at IBM and they do business and make many things for linux there! I can't talk what they do for linux because of my several NDAs... But the list is quite long... Red hat is a business company they do things for linux, Mandriva does too... so there are business people that do things for linux... Id Software, LGP, Loki Games (defunct), Ungine Corp., and others...

Sorry went off topic because of the post above mine!

Leave a comment:

• Sir_Brizz
    replied
    Why does Novell make things for Linux? Well, now we all know they don't because business people don't make things for Linux!

Leave a comment:

• mastertheknife
    replied
    Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
    You evade the question so I take it your initial argument is crap (as I expected).
    I didn't answer your question because i honestly don't know the answer. You should try asking Valve why they didn't try to make the client earlier.

Leave a comment:

• Dragonlord
    replied
    Originally posted by mastertheknife View Post
    Why do you keep pushing your fingers into your ears refusing to believe that someday there might be a linux client?
    Have faith!
    You evade the question so I take it your initial argument is crap (as I expected).

Leave a comment:

• mastertheknife
    replied
    Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
    If they are so "pro linux" as you make it out and not driven by the business-suits why then did they not try a client earlier? And if you think engineers rule over the business-suits then you have very little idea on how IT in general really works :P
    Why do you keep pushing your fingers into your ears refusing to believe that someday there might be a linux client?
    Have faith!

Leave a comment:

• Dragonlord
    replied
    If they are so "pro linux" as you make it out and not driven by the business-suits why then did they not try a client earlier? And if you think engineers rule over the business-suits then you have very little idea on how IT in general really works :P

Leave a comment:

• dopehouse
    replied
    Valve was not build by a bunch of business people, who scares about crackers and hackers. It was founded by engineers, who know about the difference between hacking and cracking. So the CEOs and who else is taking choices at Valve, know what they do. They wouldn't let the client be public available, if they think we are cracking it. I pretty sure, they know, we are hacking it.

Leave a comment:

• BlueKoala
    replied
    Originally posted by j883376 View Post

Anyway, I know that you're most likely too dense to understand what I've just said or unwilling to try, but maybe some other people with a bit more common sense can take something away from this post.
    Calm yourself down, we're all entitled to my opinion.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X