• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to dig up those Windows discs

"Burn, motherfscker... BURN!" ^^,

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      Well you could say it generated quite some buzz in the web. Even the biggest german pc game magazine, GameStar, reported about it.
      Are they really the biggest?!

And: Urgks!

Comment

This is making me regret buying my 5870... I'm sure fglrx will quickly fall behind in kernel and xorg updates and I'd rather not wait for it, so until ATi can keep up or Nvidia releases something better than the GTX 480, I'm stuck with Windows for gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash63 View Post
          This is making me regret buying my 5870... I'm sure fglrx will quickly fall behind in kernel and xorg updates and I'd rather not wait for it, so until ATi can keep up or Nvidia releases something better than the GTX 480, I'm stuck with Windows for gaming.
          Hmm instead of using windows, you could just use one of the supported OS'es? Like Ubuntu. Then you don't have any problems related to xorg/kernel and fglrx. Better install a second linux installation than using windows.

Comment

'public_all' update.

Comment

also, I think the steam build doesn't work on non SSE2/+ processors..

..like my athlon xp.

Comment

Steam For Linux...............

I can't wait for the article on Phoronix about how Steam on linux didn't start the linux game revolution like people thought. It can sit next to yet_another_boring_distro_benchmark articles.

Comment

Originally posted by ronybeck View Post
                  I can't wait for the article on Phoronix about how Steam on linux didn't start the linux game revolution like people thought. It can sit next to yet_another_boring_distro_benchmark articles.
                  i'm not sure if revolution is neccessarily the right word, but i would be somewhat suprised to see this not go over well enough for more people ot start considering linux as a platform - even if its just indie developers, that could still result in a much improved situation.

i know elecorn has publicly stated he was shocked at the amount of linux sales he had. granted - caster is a 5 dollar game, but by the same token, orange box is a pretty awesome deal as well.

Comment

Oh oh, Valve felt uncomfortable and removed the Linux files from their server. If you ask me, it was probably Apple who did not find this funny at all as they probably want to do some big advertisements for Steam on Mac soon.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                      Oh oh, Valve felt uncomfortable and removed the Linux files from their server. If you ask me, it was probably Apple who did not find this funny at all as they probably want to do some big advertisements for Steam on Mac soon.
                      Well, the actual files as in binaries are still on the server, they took down the file that pointed to the file names though.

Comment

Working...
                      X