Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There Is No Doubt, Steam Is Coming To Linux!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well what if someone "accidentaly" made a torrent of this and uploaded it to a tracker

Comment

• Originally posted by CRAY4 View Post
      wtf guys, seriously?
      No, no, it was a fun bastard not a serious bastard. Australian sense of humour.

Comment

well what if someone "accidentaly" made a torrent of this and uploaded it to a tracker
        I'll say this again... NO.

We're not entitled and we'll get it when Valve sees fit for us to have it.

Anything else is...

1) An infringement of Valve's copyrights.

2) Likely to endanger Linux gaming as a whole.

Drop.
        IT.
        Now.
        Guys.

Comment

well what if someone "accidentaly" made a torrent of this and uploaded it to a tracker
          This would be copyright infringement and you would be banned.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

And it would screw the official release of steam for linux... so better stop to mess around with that and wait for the damn thing to be released...

Comment

Why should someone do this. You can get the Linux Version from the Vavle servers and follow the instructions on this form. If you're not able to do this, than you should stick with the Windows Version, till the Linux Version is released.

Comment

• I agree that one should keep the steam hacking for them self. No need to frighten other game developers, by showing linux users is a bunch of hackers :-)

I don't mind if one would hack in steam by them self, and never publish the hacked steam version.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans View Post
                  I agree that one should keep the steam hacking for them self. No need to frighten other game developers, by showing linux users is a bunch of hackers :-)

I don't mind if one would hack in steam by them self, and never publish the hacked steam version.
                  Good thing I emailed the Valve developer of the Linux version with the patches

Comment

• Originally posted by j883376 View Post
                    Good thing I emailed the Valve developer of the Linux version with the patches
                    Haha! Making the case for the open source development process!

Nah, not really. Let's not scare Valve away just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Remco View Post
                      Haha! Making the case for the open source development process!

Nah, not really. Let's not scare Valve away just yet.
                      I did actually send him an email with the patches.

Comment

Working...
                      X