Proof In Steam's Mac Client Of Linux Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bugmenot1 View Post
    hahaha gilboa the fact you start investigating and screwing around with public logins that are used by many many people just shows you how sore you are about loosing an argument. So ... http://imgur.com/uzJNl.gif ))
    Are you on drugs?

- Gilboa
    oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
    oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
    oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
    Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
      Sad, sad, blaming someone for something you have no proof for. A classic self-own.
      No, I am not gilboa. Just someone who thinks that if you want to participate in discussions with you own oppinion then register your own account. Which you now did (to some degree). See, Education at its best.

PS: Thats it for now. Using my own account now (again)
      Why do I get the feeling that I missed something?
      Who was this idiot, and what they hell did he want? (Besides stick some stupid "I win" bitmap...)

- Gilboa
      oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
      oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
      oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).

Comment

Originally posted by CRAY4 View Post
        Hey guys, as you all know steam has pulled the files, could somebody who downloaded these files upload them so that we can download the linux client files
        Sorry, but NO.

This would be a copyright infringment at that point (well, to be honest, it'd be that way at any point, but...)- you're going to just have to wait for whatever that they had in mind there for us, just like everyone else.

Seriously. If they're going to do something, isn't probably BETTER to wait and let them do it on their time instead of us taking that decision from them and then them deciding to NOT do any of it afterall?

Comment

Originally posted by gilboa View Post
          Who was this idiot, and what they hell did he want? (Besides stick some stupid "I win" bitmap...)

- Gilboa
          I think several of us missed something there. I just wish that the parties in that weird exchange would lay down the crack pipe before posting in the forums here...

Comment

Sad, sad, blaming someone for something you have no proof for. A classic self-own.
            No, I am not gilboa. Just someone who thinks that if you want to participate in discussions with you own oppinion then register your own account. Which you now did (to some degree). See, Education at its best.

PS: Thats it for now. Using my own account now (again)

- Gilboa
            Oh yes Gilboa and I can say the sky is pink and the grass is blue, still doesn't change the fact that you are a (very) sore loser in an argument.

As for creating accounts, I do that all the time for the community, I also give bug reports and feedback to the general FOSS community unlike you who screws the community for everything they have.

Now Gilboa run along to your gutter, I'm done here. I'm not sure why I wasted my time arguing with a (fallen) brick wall.

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot2 View Post
              Now Gilboa run along to your gutter, I'm done here. I'm not sure why I wasted my time arguing with a (fallen) brick wall.
              Let me assume that you wanted to prove that you wasn't trolling, failed, and switched to personal insults? Just a guess.

- Gilboa

Comment

Let me assume that you wanted to prove that you wasn't trolling, failed, and switched to personal insults? Just a guess.

- Gilboa
                No guess there as best as I can tell. More to the point, his "facts" weren't very good either and that when someone challenged them, this all went downhill from there.

Comment

The linux client files are back on valve servers.
                  I don't understand the purpose of ulimit though in the launcher script. I removed it from mine since i can have unlimited processes anyways and it was throwing an error.

Comment

keep it simple

If someone had "half a brain" they would realize that the most popular distribution (Ubuntu) enables Compiz by default when it detects a compatible graphics card/driver. Someone with "half a brain" would also realize that Compiz is not really an application rather a core OS feature. So your point is invalid because there are many users that haven't enabled compiz that are running it.
                    And for that reason im not even running those (x)buntu distros. Actually i hate the compiz for its sake of complexity. Id prefer distros like arch linux that keep it simple and powerfull. You can easily set it up. Arch linux is actually best distro that i have ever used. Even over the great gentoo what i used before arch. But does it require that i do understand what im doing with my distro ?

Comment

I'm seeing all this Compiz + games hate. Maybe I'm missing something but the fact that you are using Compiz is probably the issue to begin with. You should really be using Compiz-fusion. Since it is, as far as I know, it is the only 3d-composite manager that is actively being updated. [/sarcasm]

Do you honestly believe that everyone involved in the progression of the Linux Desktop are just sitting around with their thumbs up their asses? For a majority of Linux community this isn't their 8 to 5 job, it is something they do in their spare time. If more games are going to start making their way onto Linux from big name developers/publishers you really think things are gonna stay incompatible? I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure everyone loves to play games and when "big" name games start hitting Linux I bet the people behind Compiz and other elements of Linux will move up working on compatibility issues with games/whatever on the priority list. If they don't then just freaking turn Compiz off. I'm almost certain the Ubuntu developers will start defaulting Compiz back to off if things become a problem. Turning Compiz off/on in Ubuntu now is only a few clicks away as it is.

I run into far less compatibility issues today than I did 3 years ago with Compiz and other elements of the desktop including games. I'm positive that in another few years we'll look back and wonder how this was ever an issue to begin with.

Having problems and working through them or around them is part of life. Get used to it and be patient when things don't work out like you think they should. Have you forgotten or never heard of the huge hassle that Vista brought with games and other programs initially with vista's UAC? Most of those were resolved over the life span of vista and with the updating of the programs themselves. I'm running windows 7 now (for my gaming needs :P ) and so far I don't see any of the major issues that vista had. I expect the Linux desktop to have glaring issues of its own that will be resolved over time. Absolutely nothing launches silky smooth. If anything does, count yourself lucky on missing out on what went boom and was fixed before you got your hands on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X