No announcement yet.

LGP is dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reported two bugs in X3 a couple of weeks ago using their support email.
    I got a response that the devs are looking at it, but the issues were not added to their bug report system.

Nothing since then.
    Their blog system has been silent for ~2 months.

Given the fact that we're in mid June, and no news came in since December 2009, I can only assume the worst.

- Gilboa
    oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
    oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
    oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
    Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Don't sound/look good does it

Pete.

Comment

I've reached out to Michael Simms (the CEO) for clarification on the matter.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Thanks!

- Gilboa
          oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
          oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
          oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

You must have an extremely long arm

Cheers for that.

Pete

Comment

I actually have an article on my site where i tried to get some info out of them:

Basically same old crap - they are "working".

This post actually caused MaximB to also make a new post on it referencing my post and my replies to him on the Ubuntu Forum, cannot post the link as i am at work and his site is barred. But his article has a very long comment on it from the apparent CEO of LGP with a "Sob Story" and all, i tried contacting to see if it is him or not but he never replied. He calls customers childish and everything in the comment so i don't want to believe it is him.

Comment

Check out Michel Simms comments on http://lgn.linux-hardcore.com/open-letter-to-lgp/

I can't say that I disagree with their reasons for keeping silent. Never the less, there must be golden middle ground. People will be willing to delay their buy-Windows-game-and-run-it-under-Wine plans, if they know that their game is being worked on. It's very unlikely that people that already bought the Windows titles will be willing to buy the Linux title as well.

- Gilboa

Comment

The golden middle ground is to respond to existing game purchased support request!

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
                    Basically same old crap - they are "working".
                    Careful there... In most of the circumstances with LGP's stuff, there is a number of 3-5 developers working part-time while in school or holding down a day job (gee...this sounds familiar...I wonder why...oh, yeah...) and they're not working on things 40 hours a week like someplace like iD.

He's right in the article gilboa linked to...

Originally posted by Michael Simms
                    There are VERY few people I would accept chastisement from in the realm of Linux gaming. Ryan Gordon for example, I would take it from. Several of my devteam who have sacrificed months or years of their time because like me they believe in what they do, they can also criticise me. But to take abuse from someone that may have bought a couple of games, and who thinks I owe them a living, is a bit much.
                    As one of the short list he refers to there, I can tell you right now that I've little desire to call him out on things. Sure, he's done some things that might be debatable (I'll be honest and say that I don't agree with some of his decisions- but they're done with HIS company...)- but griping about something that you'd honestly get from someone like iD or Epic and we put up with for a long time running and do it when we're only roughly 7-9 months out from something is a bit over the top on things like he points out.

I do agree that the partial silence and the hit-or-miss support response isn't looking good all the same, so I'll try to dredge up some info I can disclose for you guys.

Comment

Plenty of the criticism of LGP is unfair and uncalled for, but they do seem to have a major problem communicating.

Every once in a while people get curious about what they're up to, or even if they're still around, and every time they respond it's hidden away: obscure forum posts, emails, or some comment somewhere.

The long comment on the open letter is a good example, that's just the kind of stuff that should go on their own site, where everyone can find it.

The only thing worse than not having a blog, is having one that's never updated, it creates the impression that there used to be a lot of activity, but has stopped for some reason. And that's the kind of void where ugly rumors are born.

Comment

Working...
                      X