tiny and big, new indie game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tiny and big, new indie game

just wanted to tell people there's a new native indie game out for linux. it's pretty cool.

just a beta right now. the beta's free, but i'm pretty sure the full game will cost. it's called "Tiny and Big".

they have 32-bit and 64-bit builds. the 64-bit build is running perfect on my machine.

check it out: tinyandbig

p.s. i copied and pasted this from a thread i started at ubuntu forums.

The demo is causing a GPU hang for me, oh well, it does look pretty fun in the video though!

Comment

Originally posted by portets43 View Post
      they have 32-bit and 64-bit builds. the 64-bit build is running perfect on my machine.
      What distro are you running?

I'm on Debian Lenny (5.0.4) 32-bit and it's giving me the following error:
      ./tinyandbig: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by ./tinyandbig)

ldd finds it, it's just the wrong version. I saw someone else mention this in the comments on the site and I think they said they'll statically link it for the next build so that it's not a problem.

It does look cool though.

Comment

ubuntu 9.10.
        hopefully they release a newer build soon though. it's a fun game

Comment

Originally posted by gongo View Post
          What distro are you running?

I'm on Debian Lenny (5.0.4) 32-bit and it's giving me the following error:
          ./tinyandbig: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by ./tinyandbig)

ldd finds it, it's just the wrong version. I saw someone else mention this in the comments on the site and I think they said they'll statically link it for the next build so that it's not a problem.

It does look cool though.
          EDIT: Never mind, I just copied libstdc++.so.6.0.13 from Squeeze and now it works. (I know, I know, so much for sticking to clean package management...). The cutting mechanism is pretty cool and the physics are quite good too. Playing with the grappling hook is lots of fun. I think I'll be buying this one for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by gongo View Post
            EDIT: Never mind, I just copied libstdc++.so.6.0.13 from Squeeze and now it works. (I know, I know, so much for sticking to clean package management...). The cutting mechanism is pretty cool and the physics are quite good too. Playing with the grappling hook is lots of fun. I think I'll be buying this one for sure!
            cool.
            and yeah, the tools are pretty fun, and i love it's comic book style with 3d words flying out of objects. the physics are great! but one time i cut down a pillar and it fell through the ground and disappeared. still, that's fine because the beta is currently at version 0.1.

i'm pretty sure i'm buying it too.

Comment

I tried to run it, but it needed some Cg library from Nvidia. I looked inside the Cg tarball and it wanted me to dump a bunch of crap in to /usr. If it would have been just one .so I would have done it, but I don't want to pollute my /usr

Comment

Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
                I tried to run it, but it needed some Cg library from Nvidia. I looked inside the Cg tarball and it wanted me to dump a bunch of crap in to /usr. If it would have been just one .so I would have done it, but I don't want to pollute my /usr
                There's an RPM download on NVIDIA's site too. I just alien'd it and installed using dpkg instead of worrying about the tarball.

Comment

On Debian, and I suppose anything based on Debian, there's the nvidia-cg-toolkit package.

It's just a script to download the necessary libraries, but it does integrate with the package system, so no messing up /usr.

Comment

Working...
                  X