IBM's Bob Sutor Questions Linux Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
    Or does this free OS have any good games? There are some, but I hope many more will come :>
    Lets just start with one at a time, OK? xD

Linux had UT2k4, Doom3 and WarSow. But now we just have nothing else than these 3... We need a new one :')

PS: It's all about 'the next big thing' that Windows gamers have been all about. Remember Counter-Strike? There hasn't been a next big thing since then, if you'd ask me

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
      Linux had UT2k4, Doom3 and WarSow. But now we just have nothing else than these 3... We need a new one :')
      you forgot ETQW, ET:W, Prey and some more that i don't remember...

Comment

Originally posted by Setlec View Post
        you forgot ETQW, ET:W, Prey and some more that i don't remember...
        ETQW is a joke. I own a retail copy and it sucks balls... ET:W I forgot, my bad. Prey, while totally awesome and I own a retail copy of it too, was two years or so too late

Adding to the list Quake 4? But that sucks too... Good game, but no good Quake game...

Comment

What, no HoN mentioned?

Comment

ETQW was an amazing game till the children started playing. HoN is also an amazing game, its just that unless you are a cold hearted asshole you wont fit in the community very well.

Comment

Savage2 is a cool game as well!

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                ETQW was an amazing game till the children started playing.
                As i do play ETQW a lot now there is less k16 (mindless, stupid and etc) playing, New player are coming playing this game and renewing my love for this game!

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                HoN is also an amazing game, its just that unless you are a cold hearted asshole you wont fit in the community very well.
                This community that you speak of is a very retarded community, imo, I've tried to enjoy the game but as i never played this kind of game the others players did show how retarded they are. Honestly this kind of game with such community can stay on a retarded OS like windows! they do deserve each-others!

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                  We just a need a killer game. Period. PC's are FPS devices. everything else Mario is for consoles :')
                  I don't know about PC are FPS devices, other genres play better on pc's as well such as RPG's, adventure type games, simulations, etc. Going back to the fact that linux needs a killer game on it is true though, I was hoping Project Offset would fill that void but then intel bought them out and the linux version was killed off.

Comment

I intend to buy ETQW, is it that crappy?

Comment

Originally posted by Setlec View Post
                      As i do play ETQW a lot now there is less k16 (mindless, stupid and etc) playing, New player are coming playing this game and renewing my love for this game!
                      sounds interesting. Hows the mod community doing these days? I would fire etqw up and see for myself but unfortunately china decided to @#$% me over once again.

@xav1r, The game is arguably one of the best we have, and from a certain perspective its very well designed. You must remember that V!NCENT is only expressing an opinion and you should come to a decision regarding how good the game is on your own. Its currently in the bargain bins, why not take a swing?

Comment

Working...
                      X