Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Oops quote...
    PS: While you were playing Quake 2 in 1997, Goldeneye was kicking it's ass in the same year on a console: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxquJ...eature=related
    Last edited by V!NCENT; 21 January 2010, 12:04 PM.

Comment

We need th?t for Linux, right now. There's only one team of people who need to get together and do it.
      I suppose maybe few people will be interested in this game.

PS: While you were playing Quake 2 in 1997, Goldeneye was kicking it's ass in the same year on a console: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxquJ...eature=related
      One year later I played Unreal and it doesn't look Goldeneye is better.

Comment

Minor nitpick on the article, but it's "raises the question" not "begs the question." The two are not equivalent.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          Hell some of the "top games" don't even have a host anymore and are waiting for someone to collect the code and move it to another host but nobody has claimed it.

http://foobillard.sunsite.dk/
          Why don't you do something productive...like snag a copy from one of the distros' "original" source file sets of 3.0a and move it over to Google Code, Berlios, or SourceForge...before I do it...

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
            I suppose maybe few people will be interested in this game.
            Think again: http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source
            PS: According to the voting, GoldenEye:Source now ranks 2 out of 11,045 mods. Moddb is a website that tracks mods from every platform (including consoles) for almost every game out there.

One year later I played Unreal and it doesn't look Goldeneye is better.
            Not only did UT bring nothing, yes nothing, new to the table (with the minor exception of second fire, het hey... GoldenEye 007 featured dual wielding with different weapons so who cares?), GoldenEye 007 is featured right next to Doom in all the populair "Greatest (FPS) games of all times" lists. It sold more than 8 million copies. You realy need to have played this game before judging it, realy.
            Last edited by V!NCENT; 22 January 2010, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Think again: http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source
              PS: According to the voting, GoldenEye:Source now ranks 2 out of 11,045 mods. Moddb is a website that tracks mods from every platform (including consoles) for almost every game out there.

Not only did UT bring nothing, yes nothing, new to the table (with the minor exception of second fire, het hey... GoldenEye 007 featured dual wielding with different weapons so who cares?), GoldenEye 007 is featured right next to Doom in all the populair "Greatest (FPS) games of all times" lists. It sold more than 8 million copies.
              I don't care, this game probably sucks todays in my opinion. Btw. source based GA is not exactly the same game. I said Unreal, not UT. However, UT brought excellent bots and multiplayer, different firing modes. I'm sure Half Life and its mods are far more popular then GA, so I would rather like to see HL on Linux. You even gave one example of its popularity already.

You realy need to have played this game before judging it, realy.
              Maybe you're right. I listed some FPS games I consider are great, but I prefer other genres, so this game being a FPS won't be better for me then some cRPG games and some others, so I would vote for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                Why don't you do something productive...like snag a copy from one of the distros' "original" source file sets of 3.0a and move it over to Google Code, Berlios, or SourceForge...before I do it...
                Not my project, not my responsibility. Besides adding another dead project to Google Code, Berlios or Sourceforge would be going against my #1 beef with those sites.

Comment

More Linux Games

You know there are lots a types of gameplay and objectives to be used and realized other than shooting a gun.

Sorry, had to start that up again, but FPS aaaaaaaaaalways get mentioned first. Yes yes, any popular game on Linux will help out Linux so that's all well and good, but any way, now to my real point..

You'd really think that any company which is very confident that a game they are putting out will be successful would want to put it on as many platforms as possible. There are several examples of this, of course unless some big company (Microahemsoft) throws them a huge wad of cash to get exclusivity. Otherwise, I think that is the best hope, that:

1) Linux gets more attention from those AAA game developers wanting to bring it to a wide number of platforms to have it "storm the entire market".

2) Wine continues to focus on the games that are in demand the most, which they will, in order to quickly allow those to be playable flawlessly on Linux.

That having been said, of course all the "small" Linux titles of course really help as well, just not as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post
                    You know there are lots a types of gameplay and objectives to be used and realized other than shooting a gun.

Sorry, had to start that up again, but FPS aaaaaaaaaalways get mentioned first. Yes yes, any popular game on Linux will help out Linux so that's all well and good, but any way, now to my real point..

You'd really think that any company which is very confident that a game they are putting out will be successful would want to put it on as many platforms as possible. There are several examples of this, of course unless some big company (Microahemsoft) throws them a huge wad of cash to get exclusivity. Otherwise, I think that is the best hope, that:

1) Linux gets more attention from those AAA game developers wanting to bring it to a wide number of platforms to have it "storm the entire market".

2) Wine continues to focus on the games that are in demand the most, which they will, in order to quickly allow those to be playable flawlessly on Linux.

That having been said, of course all the "small" Linux titles of course really help as well, just not as much.
                    Nice arguments. However the gamers that try out Linux for the first time will go Like this:
                    Does this free OS have a good free game?
                    If no then it sucks.
                    If yes then it owns.

We just a need a killer game. Period. PC's are FPS devices. everything else Mario is for consoles :')

Comment

Nice arguments. However the gamers that try out Linux for the first time will go Like this:
                      Does this free OS have a good free game?
                      Or does this free OS have any good games? There are some, but I hope many more will come :>

Comment

Working...
                      X