Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detructor
    replied
    the tesselation thing is a core feature of the engine...so at least one driver should support it...

My HD5870 is on the way to my home [I had to hunt this damn thing...nearly every online shop is sold out...] (I needed to buy a new computer case for this beast, too. It's 2 centimeters longer than my "old" HD4870).

Man, I never thought that I'll buy a graphiccard just for a game. meh.

however: I hope that they'll release it on 12th january...would be a nice birthday gift
    Last edited by Detructor; 28 December 2009, 03:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    I don't think it is a good idea to delay the release when it would work without Tesselation just fine. Nvidia users can not see that effect until Fermi is officially out anyway.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Luckily, the next Catalyst driver release should happen during the CES, next week.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Unigine Heaven Linux Release Pushed Back

Unigine Heaven Linux Release Pushed Back

Phoronix: Unigine Heaven Linux Release Pushed Back

Back in October Unigine Heaven was released for Microsoft Windows 7 with its DirectX 11.0 renderer, but there was no Linux client to be found. This was not because Unigine Corp is liking the Linux platform any less, but because none of the Linux graphics drivers could simply handle the complexities of this technology demo and rendering its OpenGL 3.2 implementation correctly.Unigine Corp did share though with us that in November or December there will be an update for the Catalyst Linux drivers that will hopefully run with this game well -- even when using a Radeon HD 5000 series graphics card with the hardware tessellation being exposed through OpenGL 3.2...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X