X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by numasan View Post
    None of the Linux drivers? Not even Nvidia's? Can't Unigine Corp do like iD with Rage (whenever that is..) and release for them first? (Not trying to troll, honestly!)
    AFAIK, the only issue with fglrx right now is the tesselation extension, and obviously nvidia can't do any better because they don't have hardware to even support it.

Sure, Unigine could go ahead and release what they have without tesselation enabled, but I think their view is that at that point you might as well just be running the Tropics demo, since tesselation is the key new feature that Heaven really focuses on.

Leave a comment:

• deeceefar2
    replied
    All this driver release is really holding back is tesellation support in linux. All the other work in the engine goes on without it. So while this could be a bit frustrating if someone was ready to release a game with tesellation support in linux. For the most part you are seeing a driver catching up to a cutting edge feature in a game engine where most games are still heavily in development. When someone is ready to release a game based of the engine I have no doubt the tesellation support will be there. Surely ATI will have got the driver up to par by then.

The graphics in this engine are cutting edge and beautiful just check out their developer blog if you doubt. They are implementing physics for things that most games currently just fake.

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    I think the article refers to Tessellation.

Leave a comment:

• numasan
    replied
    This was not because Unigine Corp is liking the Linux platform any less, but because none of the Linux
    graphics drivers could simply handle the complexities of this technology demo and rendering its OpenGL 3.2 implementation correctly.
    None of the Linux drivers? Not even Nvidia's? Can't Unigine Corp do like iD with Rage (whenever that is..) and release for them first? (Not trying to troll, honestly!)

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Originally posted by Melcar View Post
    The engine would look great on an RPG.
    yup yup yup

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    Well that took long .

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    Well basically when you need to rely on ATI you already lost.

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    The engine would look great on an RPG.

Leave a comment:

• Fixxer_Linux
    replied
    It's rather a good news. Not because of the delay, that, finally, no-ones really cares about, but from the point of view that ATI seems to work hand in hand with the unigine dev to provide top-notch graphic experience under linux.
    Of course, I guess that programming such things is more than complex and who really cares about a little delay for things to run smooth ?

I really wish to see next more than a demo of unigine but a complete AAA game running this engine...

Leave a comment:

• Tares
    replied
    I'm just curious that ATI devs are cooperating with unigine devs here ? I mean if there is some sort of communication between those two programmers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X