• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope that someone will release some fancy game based on Unigine

Comment

Originally posted by n0nsense View Post
      I just hope that someone will release some fancy game based on Unigine
      Heh... You should hope that they will release it for Linux as well as for Windows.

There's several licensees that look like good prospects over at the clients link on the Uningine site. It'd be a shame to not have a Linux version for some of these, from the pics, etc.

Comment

Since the demo does not run with wine - i tried to install the ms runtime + mono 2.6 a native client seems to be really a requirement. I really don't get why the engine was written with .net.

Comment

Installs fine, but then it wants .net to run; crap. Would the demo even run under WINE? DX9 mode maybe? Doubt DX10 mode would, never mind DX11.

Comment

Well i would use the opengl mode of course, but .net is often problematic. mono 2.6 at least did not help me.

Comment

The Heaven demo does not have an OpenGL renderer, at least I don't remember the option being there last time I ran it on my Windows boxes. The older Tropics and Sanctuary do but those don't run either (again, because of damn .net).

Comment

Of course it has got an opengl renderer, from the webpage:

"Support of DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11 and OpenGL"

Also what file do you think did i investigate?

Comment

unigine needs dotnet or mono ?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by mattmatteh View Post
                    unigine needs dotnet or mono ?!?!
                    I think (damned hope) they're referring to the windows version.

Comment

Well I hope if any games come out with tessellation support, that you'll be able to disable that option, as most users don't have these bleeding edge cards. Games can look very pretty without needing tessellation, even if it is somehow a superior rendering method.

Comment

Working...
                      X