Natural Selection 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Selection 2

There has been a update on the progress of Natural Selection 2 which might have a Linux client version at some point. Let them know there is interest in it and pre-order money too.

Engine programming has been going really well, although there's only so much a lone programmer (albeit, a programming genius) can do. So far Max has written about 80% of an entirely new engine and tool set from scratch. That includes the renderer, level editor, cinematic editor (used to make the teaser), Lua Debugger, networking, physics integration, animation system, auto-updater, builder and a whole bunch of smaller programs that tie everything together (not to mention performance and compatibility). Almost all of this is from scratch and it's all designed to run on low end hardware and be cross-platform. It's been really incredible to watch.

after what happened with UT3, little chance exists that people are going to pre-order a game that isnt for-sure coming out for linux. I would advise people to make your voice known to the natural selection team, however dont actually buy anything until its released for our platform.

Comment

Yeah, I agree L33F3R, don't give them any money yet.

?Right now it runs on Windows but we also plan on fully supporting OS X, Linux and Xbox 360.?

Comment

Wait until the plan gels to more of a reality before considering money.

As an aside, ask nicely guys.

Don't do the "no port, no pay" line we typically use over here- it works for this forum as we're all Linux-heads and it's our place for that sort of thing, but it's not a good thing to do it on their turf. If you ask, indicate that your preference is to do everything on Linux and you'd be interested in the game if they'd make a version.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          Wait until the plan gels to more of a reality before considering money.

As an aside, ask nicely guys.

Don't do the "no port, no pay" line we typically use over here- it works for this forum as we're all Linux-heads and it's our place for that sort of thing, but it's not a good thing to do it on their turf. If you ask, indicate that your preference is to do everything on Linux and you'd be interested in the game if they'd make a version.
          +1, nicely said Svartalf...

Comment

The engine looks amazing. I'm very curious as to how fast it runs due to all of the real-time lighting algorithms used.

Comment

If they get even a beta version for Linux I suspect this will be another HoN. Yum.

I posted in a thread on their forums asking for a Linux version.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodyIron View Post
                If they get even a beta version for Linux I suspect this will be another HoN. Yum.

I posted in a thread on their forums asking for a Linux version.

Got a link bloodyIron?

Comment

Posting a line in this thread seems like an good idea:

NS2 on Linux, Show your intrest

or this one

What stops you from preordering ?
                  Last edited by tmpdir; 09 November 2009, 06:29 PM.

Comment

I do love the byplay they have in those forums...just dual boot...

Clueless and ill-mannered are the Windows users over there and elsewhere... Don't forget, gang...best behavior over there wins the day with the studio and will allow myself, Ryan, or someone else to get a deal with them since they're obviously interested.

Comment

Working...
                    X