Unigine Heaven On Linux In A Month Or Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mtippett View Post
    When the OpenGL bugs are fixed, Unigine is confident it will look about the same.

Tesselation is a DX11 class hardware feature only, so Radeon 58xx hardware is required. Non DX11 class hardware will look like the untesselated versions shown in one of the videos. It still looks good, but DX11 hardware makes it look great!
    well i think this is virtual??? never happened?? lol??? jajaja is even dx9!!!!

this one never existed too

beside im quite sure my 2x4850x2 are hell powerfull enough for any tessalation , so this is an in company screw 4800 ppl and force them to buy 5800 series or actually exist any techical difference that make 1 tessalation incompatible with the other?? even if it exist, wth?? opengl have extension you know, so you can have tesslation and legacy tessalation in that case too.

in fact i remember to see a tessalation extension in fglrx opengl, have to check it out

even if this tessalation give less details (i dont think thats true based on several demos outhere but well i can be wrong), for ppl like me , that spend several houndred $$$ we want to see tessalation lol, even if got a bit less detail, on the windows side well i dont care

Comment

"Unified shaders" were introduced with promise that they can be programmed to do generic work. Now they tell us they actually can't and to get new hardware instead.

It's always like that. First make promises, then break them.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        "Unified shaders" were introduced with promise that they can be programmed to do generic work. Now they tell us they actually can't and to get new hardware instead.

i'll say kudos to the amd hardware team but amd marketing system is the worst i ever see, lol it looks these guys work for nvidia/intel instead of amd. i mean really at cpu side not even newegg have recent opterons available or if they have the mobo is lost (yes i have to buy a dual nehalem xeon for my server even when i wanted an opteron one) and im just hoping that they dont make now the same nvidia screw you policy about feature that the hardware can support but some genius thinks it should only activate in X serie, cuz they think ppl will run to the stores to change that ancient 6 months old hardware. well sure i probably run to the store if i keep seeing that tendency but is not to get a 5800 is just to rma my amd hardware and get an nvidia g300 sli system next year, at least they make me crystal clear that they are going to screw me but the drivers are very nice + work on other unixes.

these guys just dont understand that when you have to compete against such monsters like nvidia you have to give to your product every value possible in software and hardware , first to keep ppl and second to generate a loyal and growing userbase, otherwise little by little, one by one you are just giving free clients to nvidia besides the obvious bad reference to the specific brand.

Comment

Wow, this demo is seriously good looking. Takes me back to the Myst days, where everything was pre-rendered. I am curious whether there would be interest in a brilliant-looking puzzle game, now realtime rendered, where you could basically walk about in this demo place, with a few puzzles to solve.

Comment

Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post
            OK, well from now on you can't bitch about graphics drivers or anything else on earth either then, since you also have the power to change everything yourself too.
            Yes, I am God himself. Haven't you noticed?
            Funny you mention the graphics drivers since I am in the process of planning for making a ray tracing game engine So uh, what are these non-vesa graphics drivers you are reffering too?

Believe it or not, most of us don't have their parent's basement to live in, or someone to mooch off of, so that we have all the time in the world to up and program any game we want to see exist. Some of us, you know, work for a living doing other things.
            And then you also have people with full-time jobs that create a DM game in their spare time that others like to diss... <_<'

In other words, to imply that no one can complain about anything is retarded.
            Not if they didn't pay for something that someone else makes in his/her spare time, no.

And you proved my point that most gamers only think about 3D shooters. I can like and want other types of games on Linux if I want.
            I grew up with a Psx. Spare me the BS.

Oh and WarSow > World Of Goo.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
              i am, thank you.
              On your IBM server?

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post

Shaders can be used in a custom tessellation implementation, of course, the issue is speed. The fixed-function hardware can do it really fast and leave you the shader power for other effects you want done to the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
                  well i think this is virtual??? never happened?? lol??? jajaja is even dx9!!!!

this one never existed too

beside im quite sure my 2x4850x2 are hell powerfull enough for any tessalation , so this is an in company screw 4800 ppl and force them to buy 5800 series or actually exist any techical difference that make 1 tessalation incompatible with the other?? even if it exist, wth?? opengl have extension you know, so you can have tesslation and legacy tessalation in that case too.

in fact i remember to see a tessalation extension in fglrx opengl, have to check it out

even if this tessalation give less details (i dont think thats true based on several demos outhere but well i can be wrong), for ppl like me , that spend several houndred $$$ we want to see tessalation lol, even if got a bit less detail, on the windows side well i dont care
                  The older gpu tesselation support isn't nearly as powerful or flexible, it's essentially what ATI developed for the XBox360 GPU. It was never used on PCs because NVidia didn't have anything comparable and developers apparently decided it wasn't worth using if only half their customers would benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                    On your IBM server?
                    lol if i had an ibm mainframe i would sell the bastard and buy a house. Or better yet buy a unigine licence.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                      lol if i had an ibm mainframe i would sell the bastard and buy a house. Or better yet buy a unigine licence.
                      Nah, wait with that. You can get the same for free... and on OpenGL :P

Comment

Working...
                      X