No announcement yet.

Epic Games Changes Story, Unsure About UT3 Linux Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, if they don't release, I don't buy. Easy. Nothing to get excited about.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
      But maybe they just don't want to sell theirselves.
      Well if V!NCENT is correct, I'm sure its only a matter of time.

Comment

I live for the day I hear that m$ has financial problems...

Comment

OK, well let's call it good and not waste any more space on this "Duke Nukem Forever" vaporware dud. If it magically pops into existence some day, that's great But until then how about we make the two year anniversary mark the start of the moratorium on reporting UT3 rumors? Please, lets just all move on and focus more attention on other Linux games and news living more in the here and now.

Comment

And still no one sees the point. We aren't just talking UT3, we are talking Unreal Engine 3. A quick search will reveal over a HUNDRED developers who have licensed it to make games. It is probably the most licensed engine to date. That could mean a HUGE risque to a certain operating system manufacturer if this thing ever came to fruition. I smell a conspiracy theory here...
            They're probably letting Ryan take the fall for this. A professional software developer doesn't just 'loose touch' with a contractor employed to handle something so important as this.
            Last edited by mikerz; 20 October 2009, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikerz View Post
              That could mean a HUGE risque to a certain operating system manufacturer if this thing ever came to fruition. I smell a conspiracy theory here...
              There isn't... This problem is going on for a much longer time...

They're probably letting Ryan take the fall for this
              Epic is blaming Ryan for not releasing. Ryan is blaming Epic for not paying. This is where the 'legal' problem lies. Ryan is the 'middleware'.
              Last edited by V!NCENT; 20 October 2009, 12:38 PM.

Comment

talking about "Duke Nuken Forever" i've read in a french news letter that the dev of stargate world is currently working on "Duke Nuken Forever"

source: http://www.mondespersistants.com/new...de-news:14254/

Comment

Epic is abandoning the PC platform. They are already talking about how Consoles are the future and they plan on doing less on the PC. Why would they even consider continuing working in the Linux environment when they are abandoning those who MADE THEM WHO THEY ARE (PC be it Win or Lin)?

Comment

Well PS3 is of course the most interesting platform as DRM is still not broken. If you sell more on Xbox 360 or PC I really don't know. But both should be relatively similar so why not release it for Win too...

Comment

consoles are the future. But i cant imagine trying to develop a game on the ps3. god damn, they dont give you much ram to work with do they?

Perhaps someone will come out with a pandora style console

Comment

Working...
                      X