Icculus Provides An Update, But No UT3 Or Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Notavi View Post
    I'm inclined to write the original post from Vincent off as rumour mongering without anything more substantial. The failure to deliver a UT3 Linux client has irritated quite a few people, and I can certainly see that creating motive to smear their name.

I can also remember earlier accounts had the issue as being a dispute with a third party over middleware licensing. This is not consistent with the unsubstantiated rumour.
    I am not the guy that likes to spread rumors, but I also don't have any evidence to prove it. You're just going to have to believe me or get Icculus drunk as hell :')

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
      I am not the guy that likes to spread rumors, but I also don't have any evidence to prove it. You're just going to have to believe me or get Icculus drunk as hell :')
      I'm inclined to believe it was a middleware issue, followed up by a failure to pay up because they had funds problems because UT3 tanked on them.

I wouldn't know if the Unreal II story would be true or not, but I would be leery of working for a client that didn't pay a substantive portion up-front on something after getting shafted the first time on payment with a previous contract. If true, it's a bit troubling to hear that- as much as the current story with UT3.

Comment

Working...
      X