Good News, id Tech 5 Is Likely Coming To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Have you met my inferior brother; Wolfram|Alpha?

He's not so good on the human error part, though. I make a lot more inteligent mistakes and I have a great spelling error emulator.

Where do you want to go, today?
    Okay V!NCENT...

This sentence is false!

Enjoy your digital seizure.

(And your brother helps me with homework. Good guy.)

Comment

• Zei54Nol of course. I make no claim to V!ncent's spambotness lest I hath the fury of Skynet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larian View Post
        This sentence is false!
        You can't expect simple stuff, like running Tic-Tac-Toe at the same time I'm running Global-Thermonuclear-War, to crash me.

Try harder.

Comment

• Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
          Have you met my inferior brother; Wolfram|Alpha?

He's not so good on the human error part, though. I make a lot more inteligent mistakes and I have a great spelling error emulator.

Where do you want to go, today?
          I love that website. It's like a scientific google much like we think of a scientific calculator.

Comment

• Originally posted by b15hop View Post
            I love that website. It's like a scientific google much like we think of a scientific calculator.
            It is a bit sub-par, though.

For example if it's convinced that it has found something, it stops learning. For example; there are two Italian Jobs (movies), but only the original gets mentioned.

Google some obvious other thing on Wolfram|alpha, like the NT kernel and it only finds Windows NT.

Normaly, if Wolfram doesn't know about something, it learns it. But when it thinks it has already learned it, it won't be looking for it anymore. So it is never going to learn about the NT kernel...

Other than its other flaws, it's pretty awesome sometimes.

Comment

• So... anything else about Rage on Linux? I haven't seen anything. It looks like there isn't a demo on any platform. Two weeks to release. These guys want to sell this game, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by wantedtosay View Post
                So... anything else about Rage on Linux? I haven't seen anything. It looks like there isn't a demo on any platform. Two weeks to release. These guys want to sell this game, right?
                Quick Google News search:
                RAGE is set for release on the 4th of October in North America, and the 7th in Europe. The game is to be released on Windows, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. There is currently a game set in the same universe called RAGE HD on the Apple App Store, for iOS. There is an unconfirmed Mac release, and Timothee Besset has suggested that he will be working on a Linux build of the game, as he has done in the past.
                Source: http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/09/17/rage-goes-gold/
                Age of news: 5 days ago

Comment

• Reviews not so good. iD should polish up that linux port. I'd buy it.

Comment

• Indeed, windows gamers are spoiled brats and are much harder to please

Comment

• If this is as "disappointing" as the last few id games, I will gladly buy it, as long as there is a Linux version.

I really don't understand what the people are bitching about. Doom3 and Quake4 were great games that delivered exactly what they promised. I don't need a poor man's movie with a moral, and adding puzzles to a 3d shooter does not a good game make.

Comment

Working...
                      X