Good News, id Tech 5 Is Likely Coming To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tball View Post
    No none of them are frightening compared to Penumbra. That game is freaking scary!
    Overture was frightening, they screwed the pooch with black plague. It was just way to easy to avoid the infected.

Comment

• I've never felt worried or scared in any of the quake / doom games. I've not played doom3 though. HL2 isn't that scary either. I think AvP was more frightening back in the day... (2000 edition)

Comment

• Originally posted by b15hop View Post
        I've never felt worried or scared in any of the quake / doom games. I've not played doom3 though.
        Doom 3 has nothing to do with the Doom 1/2 and Quake games. It's like a totally different game. They changed the fast-paced action with slower, horror based progression.

If you've played Dead Space, it's more similar to that, except it's not in 3rd person view.
        Last edited by RealNC; 01 September 2011, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by b15hop View Post
          HL2 isn't that scary either.
          The gameplay isn't, the idea behind it is.

Comment

• Oh yeah. The idea. The cliche of alien invasion that's been done to death.

Yeah, very scary. Also, when you say "scary game", you don't refer to the idea behind it, but to the game itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              Doom 3 has nothing to do with the Doom 1/2 and Quake games. It's like a totally different game. They changed the fast-paced action with slower, horror based progression.

If you've played Dead Space, it's more similar to that, except it's not in 3rd person view.
              ... right. And if you've had sex, masturbation is similar to that, except you're just playing with yourself while dreaming that somebody actually wants you.

Comparing Doom 3 to Dead Space actually kind of offends me.

Comment

• Originally posted by elanthis View Post
                You probably need help, man. :P

Comment

Also, when you say "scary game", you don't refer to the idea behind it, but to the game itself.
                  Oh ok, some random guy on the internet says it so it must be true.

Comment

• Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                    Oh ok, some random guy on the internet says it so it must be true.
                    No. This is common sense, not an argument. You didn't say "the idea behind this game is scary." You said that "the game is scary." And I pointed out that this was not the question here. The questions was whether the game was scary (like getting scared while playing), not the idea behind it.

Comment

No. This is common sense, not an argument. You didn't say "the idea behind this game is scary." You said that "the game is scary." And I pointed out that this was not the question here. The questions was whether the game was scary (like getting scared while playing), not the idea behind it.
                      Originally posted by elanthis View Post
                      ... right. And if you've had sex, masturbation is similar to that, except you're just playing with yourself while dreaming that somebody actually wants you.

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                      You probably need help, man. :P
                      I LOL'd so hard when I read this. Did I just lead a whole thread about id tech 5 into the gutter?
                      I'm going to play both eventually anyway. I'll let you know of my opinion eventually. xD

Comment

Working...
                      X