Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Status Of Unigine's Linux-Compatible Game

Phoronix: The Status Of Unigine's Linux-Compatible Game

Earlier this year we shared that Unigine was working on a new game that was being developed internally and would run on Linux with their continually improving game engine that already sets an OpenGL precedent on Linux. Following that we did a Linux interview with the Unigine developers to talk about their proprietary engine, gaming on Linux, etc...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, I wouldn't say, that this is not a god year for Linux games. I sh** on UT3 for Linux and wouldn't buy it anymore (not for 5?). ID will come back (I belive ).

But we have something realy god in the pipeline. It's Heroes of Newerth. I love this game and I think it's one of the best/will be one of the bes Linux games ever.

Comment

World of Goo alone was a big win for linux gaming this year, but I guess it doesn't have a benchmarking mode

Comment

Linux Gaming

Actually, emerging cloud services for gaming (GaiKai, OnLive, both in Beta) might bring *lots* of great games to Linux as soon as next spring. Maybe we are just like in 2001, thinking if e-mail client as good as Outlook will be available on Linux too while something way better (gmail) was on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
          World of Goo alone was a big win for linux gaming this year, but I guess it doesn't have a benchmarking mode
          Yes, World of Goo was a very good game. But it was a little bit short, for my taste.

Comment

UT 3 is major fun and I'm still waiting for the day it'll be released for Linux

Comment

dont hold ur breath

Comment

Exciting new developments in the area of longevity drugs means it's not too late for UT3 Linux!

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  With id Software shafting Linux users with their forthcoming engine/games...
                  Hmmm I think I've lost episodes. Could someone enlighten me about this plz?

Comment

Quake Live & Heroes Of Newerth. A great year for me, even though I know they aren't major high-end graphic titles.

Comment

Working...
                    X