The Status Of Unigine's Linux-Compatible Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by numasan View Post
    No, but I was trying to show the amount of copies sold, not which OS the buyers use. I really can't imagine less than 2000 people buying Rage to play on Linux. How many people does S2Games expect is Linux users?
    compared with how many play dota? I would say chances are good. 200k beta keys wont translate into that many buys but i suspect that if you trim the dota waste (which most wont buy the game) you will find that the linux user base is fairly significant.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      Doom3 had less sales then that on the linux edition.... far less.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post

Whatta ya mean? That has to still be the best rendered blackness out of any game.

Comment

HoN is a great design. But as an online only game its crap, just because of who else plays it. Worst online community i have ever seen.

- Hosts are always afk or you need to wait for their friends to arrive
          - servers lag, chat server never works.
          - Brazilians, not because they are Brazilian but because i have yet to play a game with them in HoN where i am not called the N word or someone brings up a 9/11 reference.
          - People think its dota, call it dota, use the dota names.
          - few if any will buy it.
          - People cant read.
          - Stat padding, its a frigin beta..

Man i could go on forever about why this game is a disgrace. None of this even S2's fault, just the retarded dota players who have no life and whos fun consists of making others feel miserable. I am in no position to call 200,000 people stupid but a fine example of this stupidity exists right here on phoronix.

I will make note, It runs a hell of alot better on ubuntu then Vista. I dont know how you people can put up with the players tho. Maybe its better on the European servers.
          I concur and I am an American. The on line community is horrible.
          I got kicked out of a newbie game and got called a Feeder what ever that means?? I can't help it I was born with out expert knowledge of a beta game.
          Here is a new Linux and Windows game.

It's pretty good. I sent in a message to Phoronix but they ignored/or did not receive it.

Comment

That and cross platforming a title is more work then a "simple recompile". I really wish it was that easy.
            I'm apparently bad at expressing myself online.. that was not meant literally. The point is, when game devs claim that their engine runs easily on many platform (that is what they are trying to "sell", right? Easy for engine-licensees to create xboc/pc/ps3 versions, and even mac if they want to), not doing it seems arrogant somehow.

Doom3 had less sales then that on the linux edition.... far less
            Got any data on that? Also take into consideration how many used Linux back then and now.

Comment

Doom3 had less sales then that on the linux edition.... far less.
              Do you have any link for that? I love statistics

Comment

how do you measure sales figures from a linux installer that requires a "windows" version on disk.

Heres the real question.

Originally posted by Which version of ETQW for you?
                Windows PC
                66%
                Mac OSX
                4%
                Linux
                21%
                Xbox 360
                5%
                PlayStation 3
                4%
                Total votes: 20937
                Thats some of the best data we can worth with because its pulled right off the etqw site. Yes its just a pole and not a sales figure but I tell you i wouldn't have bought the windows version if i didn't know a linux install was coming out (still a bad idea). And with wolfenstein I did just that. IMO I think linux users respect software more. Yes we at times may think we are entitled to software but we are willing to pay software that supports our platform.

back to the question. WTF is wrong with ID?

Comment

how do you measure sales figures from a linux installer that requires a "windows" version on disk.
                  Well I guess the Console gamers don't bother a lot to surf and vote and that's why the low stats. If surfing was their favourite, they'd buy the PC version of the game instead
                  But the difference between Linux and MacOSX is dramatic

Comment

the console versions diddnt do so hot.

Comment

HoN is a great design. But as an online only game its crap, just because of who else plays it. Worst online community i have ever seen.

- Hosts are always afk or you need to wait for their friends to arrive
                      - servers lag, chat server never works.
                      - Brazilians, not because they are Brazilian but because i have yet to play a game with them in HoN where i am not called the N word or someone brings up a 9/11 reference.
                      - People think its dota, call it dota, use the dota names.
                      - few if any will buy it.
                      - People cant read.
                      - Stat padding, its a frigin beta..

Man i could go on forever about why this game is a disgrace. None of this even S2's fault, just the retarded dota players who have no life and whos fun consists of making others feel miserable. I am in no position to call 200,000 people stupid but a fine example of this stupidity exists right here on phoronix.

I will make note, It runs a hell of alot better on ubuntu then Vista. I dont know how you people can put up with the players tho. Maybe its better on the European servers.
                      Ditto. Wanted a training mode at the very least so I knew wtf was going on. Single player option would be nice too.

Comment

Working...
                      X