No announcement yet.

Looking for help testing my game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The argument swings both ways though. I only run 64bit Linux - forcing me to dwnload Windows, Mac, 32bit binaries is a waste of everyone's bandwidth and time.

You are never going to please everybody all of the time. As long as it is obvious what you need to download and what you need to do after that, the file packaging is relatively unimportant. Just do whatever you are most comfortable with and concentrate on making the game great.

Comment

The diff can be only 1 or 2 mb.

Comment

I get this error when I start the game:

Code:
        Could not open catalog:
         XercesMessages_en_US.cat
         or XercesMessages_en_US.cat
        Cannot load message domain

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          The reason is simple, if you have got multi boot systems with 32 and 64 bit and maybe even Win, you only need to download 1 file. And that's not really a rare case.
          Yeah, I understand that. I'll probably provide binary-only downloads in the future. It should be a simple change to the packaging script to generate them. I'll probably keep the split full downloads too though since I have plenty of disk space and bandwidth usage will be unaffected, and that way if you're only planning to use it in one place there's only one file to download. Everybody's happy.

Originally posted by whizse View Post
          I get this error when I start the game:

Code:
          Could not open catalog:
           XercesMessages_en_US.cat
           or XercesMessages_en_US.cat
          Cannot load message domain
          Hmm, my preliminary investigation suggests that has to do with iconv support in Xerces. Hopefully the fix is just to recompile the Xerces library without iconv support, but I won't be able to try that until tonight.

Are you running 32 or 64-bit (so I know which one to give you)?

Comment

Okay, Xerces error should be fixed in the downloads available on the site. While creating those I added some executable-only downloads so it's not necessary to download the entire package for each platform.

I'll schedule some playtesting next week for anyone who is interested.

Comment

Thanks for fixing the Xerces issue.

I now get this error:
              Code:
              program: Shader program link failed.  Exiting
              Unresolved symbols
              It happens both with the i965 driver and in software mode, so I guess Mesa is to blame.

Comment

When you try it with lenny + fglrx installed you get this:

Fragment shader(s) were not successfully compiled before glLinkProgram() was called. Link failed.

*** glibc detected *** ./coldest.bin: corrupted double-linked list: 0x09f0b488 ***

Comment

This is the bad thing about developing on NVidia - their GLSL compiler is more forgiving of mistakes. I was testing on my ATI laptop, but that recently got moved to web server duty so now it's running headless.

Which shader does it say it's loading right before the error happens? That should be getting printed before the error message and I should be able to run the offending one(s) through the shader validator to figure out what I screwed up.

Comment

Oh, right!

Code:
                    Loading shader shaders/standard
                    program: Shader program link failed.  Exiting
                    Unresolved symbols

Comment

Whoops, sure enough there's a bug in that fragment shader. I'll have to double-check all of them because it may show up elsewhere too.

Comment

Working...
                      X