Looking for help testing my game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cybertron View Post
    When did you download (or what is the name of the file you downloaded since it changed slightly)? That problem should be fixed in the versions that are currently available. Try downloading the appropriate executable only version again and use those files to overwrite the ones you have.
    I downloaded Coldest543-64.tar.bz2. Just to be sure I've also just downloaded the binary-only tar as well and extracted it in the game-folder, but the game still doesn't start. A window appears but only stays for a moment and then dissapears again. It still gives the same error-message, I've pastebined the complete console-output here.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
      I downloaded Coldest543-64.tar.bz2. Just to be sure I've also just downloaded the binary-only tar as well and extracted it in the game-folder, but the game still doesn't start. A window appears but only stays for a moment and then dissapears again. It still gives the same error-message, I've pastebined the complete console-output here.
      Hmm, the first part explains why you were having a problem (that was the pre-fix file), but not why you still are. However, in your output the build date doesn't match what I'm seeing here when I run the fixed version so I'm wondering if the new files didn't overwrite the old ones properly. There's actually a Coldest543 directory in the binary-only download too, so if you extracted it in the game directory you'll probably find you have another Coldest543 directory inside the game directory. If you copy the files from there into the game directory I think it will fix the problem.

I think I'm going to change the way the binary-only package is created so that extra directory isn't there anymore since in retrospect it doesn't really make sense.

Comment

You can use an autoupdate tool that checks for new binary and downloads em automatically.

Comment

I'm planning to be on the beta server tomorrow (Thursday) night around 6 PM central time (7 eastern, 5 mountain, 4 pacific if my math is correct) if anyone is interested in some actual gameplay. My night is clear so if later works better I can do that too.

I suppose I should ask if everyone can see and connect to that server. It should show up in the server browser when you click the Join button (although I see that the master server wasn't running - oops). I apologize in advance if the ping sucks - my internet leaves something to be desired in this area.

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          You can use an autoupdate tool that checks for new binary and downloads em automatically.
          That would certainly be nice, but I think it would be non-trivial to implement so it will probably be at least a little while before it happens. If anyone is aware of a simple way to do this I'm all ears though.

Comment

That's not that hard. You would just add a file with all md5sums of the current files on your server, then a wrapper would download that first, check all local checksums and download those which are different.

Comment

Testing still on or has it passed? I'm gmt +10 here, hope my calculations aren't off.

I could connect to your server in fullscreen without problems. In windowed mode though, after it went through loading the map, the screen would disappear though the music kept running. Had to kill -9 xxxx to stop it. Didn't happen on joining localhost.

A couple of things I noticed, (I use to play the battletech boardgame as a kid, so I might be a bit to critical. Feel free to ignore.)

*not all weapons gave off heat.
              *standing in the water didn't lesson heat buildup.
              *changing mechs, the weight from the prior one would carry through.
              *no ability to run.

The way you have set up the movement feels right. Very nice.

On an AMD/ATI w/ 9.8. Debian Lenny 64bit.

Add me to your happy list.

EDIT: just came from testing with you. I couldn't respawn because of -ve salvage. rejoining still gave me -ve salvage.
              Last edited by storma; 03 September 2009, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by storma View Post
                EDIT: just came from testing with you. I couldn't respawn because of -ve salvage. rejoining still gave me -ve salvage.
                Hmm, weird. I'll restart the server if you still want to get back in.

Edit: I figured out the crash on join bug. Should be easy to fix, but since it appears you couldn't get reconnected I guess we're done for tonight. Should have a patch that takes care of it out by next time. Sorry for all the trouble.
                Last edited by cybertron; 03 September 2009, 10:39 PM.

Comment

I filed a bug for you about the shader problem in Mesa:

Comment

Much appreciated. I'll link it from my bug tracker so people can find it both ways.

As far as testing goes, if anyone is available I was thinking Thursday night again, and then I'm going to try to round up a few more people for the following Wednesday to hopefully do a little larger scale testing. And just to make sure there's no possible confusion, here's the time in every conceivable time zone.

Linux patches for the latest build are already available. Full builds and a Windows build will be along in the near future.

Comment

The bug in Mesa has been fixed.

I can start the game now, but it doesn't render correctly in-game, and performance is pretty much nil. Guess there's still one or two bugs to be filed against Mesa.

Comment

Working...
                      X