X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by TheJackiNonster View Post

I think the reason for running games is not just that. Games are also very niche binaries, released continuously during the time of new chip releases and instructions appearing. They tend to target newer architectural changes for the sake of optimizations since a lot needs to run on real time, hitting a proper frame rate.

In other words: It's the perfect fit for beta-testing compatibility and there are plenty binaries to choose from. Most of them shipping original dependencies with them.
    sure it's not just that, but it's still massive, but there has been a large boom in "windows emulators" recently due to the recent performance boosts of box86 and dxvk.‚Äč

Originally posted by danilw View Post

AI-processor and AI-PC is future.
    RISC-V is just another modern "scam for investors".

Context:
    AI-PC require 10x performance-specs than modern top tier PC have.
    Something like RISC-V is not option even in theory.

AI-PC is:
    60Gb text model+30Gb visual model+10Gb motion detection model+10Gb voice-sound model+10Gb AI-history-cache = 120Gb multiply by 2 = 240Gb ultra fast RAM - is minimum specs for AI-PC that will process data in real time.
    Plus - to process it all compute needed - 2x4090 per model = atleast 6x4090RTX.
    RISC-V - dont even have working examples that can deliver performance of singe 4090RTX.
    whatever drugs you are on, I want some.

Leave a comment:

• danilw
    replied
    Originally posted by ayumu View Post

And I am hopeful they will, too, support RISC-V in the future.
    AI-processor and AI-PC is future.
    RISC-V is just another modern "scam for investors".

Context:
    AI-PC require 10x performance-specs than modern top tier PC have.
    Something like RISC-V is not option even in theory.

AI-PC is:
    60Gb text model+30Gb visual model+10Gb motion detection model+10Gb voice-sound model+10Gb AI-history-cache = 120Gb multiply by 2 = 240Gb ultra fast RAM - is minimum specs for AI-PC that will process data in real time.
    Plus - to process it all compute needed - 2x4090 per model = atleast 6x4090RTX.
    RISC-V - dont even have working examples that can deliver performance of singe 4090RTX.
    Last edited by danilw; 04 May 2024, 08:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ayumu
    replied
    Originally posted by MastaG View Post

I think in the long run FEX will do much better.
    The project and code base are more structured and better accessible for new devs, compared to box64.
    It even has its own instruction count CI.
    It also has more developers working on it, including Alyssa Rosenzweig, Sonicadvance1, neobrain, lioncash, bylaws (working on Cassia for running Windows games on Android) and some developers working for Igalia.
    And I am hopeful they will, too, support RISC-V in the future.

Leave a comment:

• dragon321
    replied
    Originally posted by danilw View Post

Not impressive.

WebGL offer same graphics as DX8-9 games
    How to say you have no idea about graphics API without saying you have no idea about graphics API.

Leave a comment:

• muncrief
    replied
    I so loved this game, and still have it. And I'm not a gamer at all, and find video games in general very boring. But I think that's because they're just varied iterations of the same thing -

Shoot someone, get somewhere.

Solve a puzzle, get somewhere.

With a different background and characters.

But my son would so, so, disagree

He and his friends live through video games and it's a treasured part of their lives. So I understand.

In any case, as for this achievement I don't think it will change much.

For the foreseeable future RISC will need an astounding generic and open source software emulation technology to compete, but I know there are a variety of efforts in pursuit of this goal.

Leave a comment:

• creative
    replied
    Can it play the latest boom shoot? Methinks most likely never. Or maybe?

Leave a comment:

• creative
    replied
    Originally posted by dylanmtaylor View Post
    But can it run Crysis?

(Not really a serious question, I just couldn't resist the meme)
    You beat me to it. I never actually played it, never was a performing seal for hot titles.

Leave a comment:

• prazola
    replied
    Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
    That screenshot had me thinking that Far Cry was ahead of its time with how good it looked. then i found this:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I also wonder what ARM devices will someone be running this on.

And why?
    It still looks good to me if you follow the main paths.
    This mod was really good:

Leave a comment:

• TheJackiNonster
    replied
    Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

as for why? people like to play games on the go, android devices are easy to carry around.
    I think the reason for running games is not just that. Games are also very niche binaries, released continuously during the time of new chip releases and instructions appearing. They tend to target newer architectural changes for the sake of optimizations since a lot needs to run on real time, hitting a proper frame rate.

In other words: It's the perfect fit for beta-testing compatibility and there are plenty binaries to choose from. Most of them shipping original dependencies with them.

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
    That screenshot had me thinking that Far Cry was ahead of its time with how good it looked. then i found this:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I also wonder what ARM devices will someone be running this on.

And why?
    We have been emulating farcry for a long time on android using exagear, now we are emulating games like GTA, farcry 2, fallout new vegas RE2 remaster etc. FEXemu was having issues because it's an super niche instruction. not because of it being particularly complicated.

as for why? people like to play games on the go, android devices are easy to carry around.

EDIT: In case anyone isn't aware, FEXemu is still a great emulator https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBOjioe8-8Y
    Last edited by Quackdoc; 03 May 2024, 11:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X