Proton 9.0-1 Released With Many Improvements For Steam Play Linux Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
    I don't need either of those, especially Wayland garbage, so I'm enjoying it right now and it's a blast.
    We know, but thanks for reminding us every time the word Wayland is mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghjnut View Post

its important to remind everyone wayland is still malicious garbage that you should uninstall everytime wayland is mentioned, otherwise several HBGary personas slip into fantasy land pretending it actually works.
      Last edited by mSparks; 03 May 2024, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghjnut View Post

Always happy to help.

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post

its important to remind everyone wayland is still malicious garbage that you should uninstall everytime wayland is mentioned, otherwise several HBGary personas slip into fantasy land pretending it actually works.
          It actually works and unlike malicious garbage with keylogger included (x11) you don't have to turn compositions off to achieve the best performance. There are complains from some developers (Factorio for example), but they're aimed at Gnome implementation and client side compositions. Maybe Gnome screwed something or there's not enough information how to implement new stack properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post

It actually works
            AHahahha
            keylogger included (x11)
            If you want a separate display server for each application on X11 you just run a separate display server for each application, that whole myth is BS of the highest order.
            But yes, wayland does prevent "malicous" applications like zoom/microsoft teams/anything that needs hardware accelaration. So there is that I guess.
            Just not actual keyloggers.
            Who else but you wants that?
            There are complains from some developers (Factorio for example)
            Challenge accepted.
            ONE developer praising wayland for the value it adds to the developer cycle.

My guess is you wont find a single one, because there are no developers using wayland, its dead.
            Last edited by mSparks; 05 May 2024, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post
              If you want a separate display server for each application on X11 you just run a separate display server for each application, that whole myth is BS of the highest order.
              No, I'm not using this laughable crap, so I don't have to use separate X11 instances to not be spied on so easily. It's probably turned off by default, but who knows what other crap is hiding in this legacy mess?

But yes, wayland does prevent malicous applications like zoom/microsoft teams/anything that needs hardware accelaration. So there is that I guess. Who else but you wants that?
              I think everyone who has some brain cells.

Challenge accepted.
              ONE developer praising wayland for the value it adds to the developer cycle.

My guess is you wont find a single one, because there are no developers using wayland, its dead.
              Challenge failed for you. The Factorio dev was blaming Gnome/Wayland implementation, but it seems you can't even read. Second fail: he's porting/ported Factorio to Wayland. The only thing dead here is X11 and so called unixes. Btw. the article you linked to states:

Wayland is a replacement for X11, which [X11] is dead
              You just beat sophisticles, hel88 and birdie in your stupidity! Congratulations!
              Last edited by Volta; 05 May 2024, 03:41 PM.

Comment

No, I'm not using this laughable crap, so I don't have to use separate X11 instances to not be spied on so easily. It's probably turned off by default, but who knows what other crap is hiding in this legacy mess?
                You have that completely the wrong way round
                The latest X11 kit was first released about 6 years ago, and was last released a few weeks ago.
                Wayland hasn't seen a meaningfull update in 8 years.
                Which is why you can
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

on X11, and not on wayland.
                The Factorio dev was blaming Gnome/Wayland implementation,
                Obviously, because wayland is a steaming pile of shite, and only HBGary personas with no linux experience have anything nice to say about it
                see also
                For those picking up on this as "news", please read the following list: PCSX2 still supports Wayland. It just prefers the XCB/XWayland platform by default. You can set the I_WANT_A_BROKEN_WAYLAND_...

For a thorough debrief.

The challenge was to prove it is not dead by finding someone who has something nice to say about it.

No amount of trying to jerry rig X11 into wayland by means of XWayland is going to save the US Govts linux spyware program. Everyone important knows now the only reason wayland still exists.
                Last edited by mSparks; 05 May 2024, 04:04 PM.

Comment

it amazes me even proton threads derail into wayland hate here.

Comment

Originally posted by Noitatsidem View Post
                    it amazes me even proton threads derail into wayland hate here.
                    getting paid to shill wayland is the only way they can make rent.

Comment

To those derailing a Proton thread to complain about a loosely tangent topic. Dont feed the trolls guys.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X