Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT3 Linux Is "Slowly Being Worked On"

Phoronix: UT3 Linux Is "Slowly Being Worked On"

Unreal Tournament 3 was released for the PC nearly two years ago, and there was the promise of a Linux client and it was being worked on by Ryan Gordon, but to this day there is still no such client. Back in March it was said that it was still undergoing work, but there was no ETA for its completion...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, we need something new to make fun of now that DNF is officially dead

Comment

Although from the day one I believed that I'll play this game on linux, but now I think that kind of statements are more like : "I'll tell community once a while that game is still under development so some poor noobs will still wait for linux client... *here put evil laugh* " :/

Comment

Should not be this difficult. Clearly something else is going on that they're not telling us. But whatever. Not quite dead yet is still better than six feet under. I'll still buy it if it comes out, but every day that passes diminishes how much I'm willing to pay for it.

Comment

I think it's to late to buy this game. If it comes out today, I wouldn't buy it anymore. Why should I buy a two year old game? Mr. Gorden could spend his time for other projects now.

Sorry Epic, to late is to late.

Comment

If Epic were serious about releasing it, it would have been released by now. Any comments from Epic these days are basically a joke.

Comment

@Epic:

We've moved on. The Linux community has already written it off as a failure to release, and due to broken promise after broken promise after vague/useless "update", will continue to treat it as such even in the off-chance an installer materializes.

Cut your losses and develop your next game with the lessons learned from the failure that was UT3/linux.

Comment

Now you see me, now you don't.

Comment

Epic Fail!

Comment

Originally posted by fabioamd87 View Post
                    Epic Fail!
                    Ditto. hahaha. Kinda sad their name fits so well with the word fail.

Comment

Working...
                    X